The Republican Utopia

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wouldn’t give a rats a$$. They can do whatever they want.  

Do you mean like Parlor or Truth Social?

Would you be active in retweeting their stuff if you agreed with some of the content, though knowing what their mission is which definitely isn’t to find common ground and to only elect Republicans? 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Would you be active in retweeting their stuff if you agreed with some of the content, though knowing what their mission is which definitely isn’t to find common ground and to only elect Republicans? 

I know where you’re going with this.  You don’t have to be so cryptic. You don’t like some of the Twitter accounts I follow because they point out how pathetic your party has become. 

I’ll gladly admit that I follow accounts like that because, after being a life long Republican, the party absolutely pisses me off right now. The politicians they worship and put out front as leaders of the party are disgusting compared to ones that are reasonable and trying to move the party back to some form of respectable really. 

I want a reasonable and good Conservative party.  We have no such thing right now. 

Now, if I felt the same way about democrats, I would gladly follow accounts that pointed that out. 

Fact is, right now I just disagree with Dems on policy. Fine.  We see the world differently. That’s very different than my disgust over Republicans right now.  

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know where you’re going with this.  You don’t have to be so cryptic. You don’t like some of the Twitter accounts I follow because they point out how pathetic your party has become. 

I’ll gladly admit that I follow accounts like that because, after being a life long Republican, the party absolutely pisses me off right now. The politicians they worship and put out front as leaders of the party are disgusting compared to ones that are reasonable and trying to move the party back to some form of respectable really. 

I want a reasonable and good Conservative party.  We have no such thing right now. 

Now, if I felt the same way about democrats, I would gladly follow accounts that pointed that out. 

Fact is, right now I just disagree with Dems on policy. Fine.  We see the world differently. That’s very different than my disgust over Republicans right now.  

I don’t like or dislike the accounts you post about.   They aren’t my cup of tea but to each his own.  

What I find hypocritical about you  is that I mentioned votes are the most important thing about a candidate in a different discussion and you got all pissy about that.  Yet you actively post tweets from an account has stated on his own twitter account that all his twitter account is used for is to win elections for Democrats.  Doesn’t care about the Democrat politician running, only that they win.    Yet I don’t see you caring or b!^@hing and moaning about that view.  Just endorsing what he does.  

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t like or dislike the accounts you post about.   They aren’t my cup of tea but to each his own.  

What I find hypocritical about you  is that I mentioned votes are the most important thing about a candidate in a different discussion and you got all pissy about that.  Yet you actively post tweets from an account has stated on his own twitter account that all his twitter account is used for is to win elections for Democrats.  Doesn’t care about the Democrat politician running, only that they win.    Yet I don’t see you caring or b!^@hing and moaning about that view.  Just endorsing what he does.  

Nothing hypocritical. One person that I don’t feel is qualified or morally qualified for office….you think is fine because he will vote for what you want. 

We have very different views of what it takes to be a politician I want in Washington.   I think morals and mental stability is important.  You obviously feel that’s less important as long as they vote the right way.  

Right now, there are certain people in the Republican Party that need to be ushered out of Washington and political public life. If an account exposes those pathetic people, I really don’t care if they are working to elect Dems.  Because, in some cases right now, the dem is probably better than the  pathetic human being that’s running as a Republican. 

• Plus1 5
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Nothing hypocritical. One person that I don’t feel is qualified or morally qualified for office….you think is fine because he will vote for what you want. 

We have very different views of what it takes to be a politician I want in Washington.   I think morals and mental stability is important.  You obviously feel that’s less important as long as they vote the right way.  

Right now, there are certain people in the Republican Party that need to be ushered out of Washington and political public life. If an account exposes those pathetic people, I really don’t care if they are working to elect Dems.  Because, in some cases right now, the dem is probably better than the  pathetic human being that’s running as a Republican. 

You're talking to a guy who can't see, or refuses to see, the authoritarian bent that Republican Party has adopted and what that means to the future of democracy in the United States.  As if when that happens it's all going to be a blissful Republican utopia. 

It's all a matter of priorities.  At this point I'll vote for anyone who stands for the preservation of our democracy over those that continue to try to toss it aside.   How important will policy be when we head towards an authoritarian state?  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You're talking to a guy who can't see, or refuses to see, the authoritarian bent that Republican Party has adopted and what that means to the future of democracy in the United States.  As if when that happens it's all going to be a blissful Republican utopia. 

It's all a matter of priorities.  At this point I'll vote for anyone who stands for the preservation of our democracy over those that continue to try to toss it aside.   How important will policy be when we head towards an authoritarian state?  

:ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think the reality of our political landscape right now is that the Democratic party, despite its considerable number of flaws, currently appears more stable, even though I disagree with many of their policies and some of their behaviors.

One of the big narratives that came out of the 2016 election was that the Democratic party needed to figure out who they were. Almost like an identity crisis. Republicans are the ones now dealing with that crisis. On one side of the fence, you have the Trumpists and the extremists (MTG, Boebert). On the other, you have what I think are the responsible conservatives whom we may disagree with politically but we at least feel like they're logical (Romney, Sasse).

So time will tell what Republicans want their party to be. The one that puts its eggs in the baskets of the Trumpists/Boeberts/DeSantis of the world is probably not going to appeal to the more moderate portions of America that ultimately swing elections.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I think the reality of our political landscape right now is that the Democratic party, despite its considerable number of flaws, currently appears more stable, even though I disagree with many of their policies and some of their behaviors.

One of the big narratives that came out of the 2016 election was that the Democratic party needed to figure out who they were. Almost like an identity crisis. Republicans are the ones now dealing with that crisis. On one side of the fence, you have the Trumpists and the extremists (MTG, Boebert). On the other, you have what I think are the responsible conservatives whom we may disagree with politically but we at least feel like they're logical (Romney, Sasse).

So time will tell what Republicans want their party to be. The one that puts its eggs in the baskets of the Trumpists/Boeberts/DeSantis of the world is probably not going to appeal to the more moderate portions of America that ultimately swing elections.

Exactly.  It’s clear that right now, the Trump, MTG, Boebert, Desantes, Jordan, Gaets side of the fence is controlling the party. They are trying to shun and get rid of the Romney, Sasse, Cheney, Kissinger side.  

I can’t support that. 

Everyone else in the middle is scared to speak out against the first group. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly.  It’s clear that right now, the Trump, MTG, Boebert, Desantes, Jordan, Gaets side of the fence is controlling the party. They are trying to shun and get rid of the Romney, Sasse, Cheney, Kissinger side.  

I can’t support that. 

Everyone else in the middle is scared to speak out against the first group. 

Republicans SHOULD get rid of Romney, Sasse, Cheney, Kinsinger, and I'll add to your list, McConnell and McCarthy, because they're all just awful people with awful records as politicians.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Republicans SHOULD get rid of Romney, Sasse, Cheney, Kinsinger, and I'll add to your list, McConnell and McCarthy, because they're all just awful people with awful records as politicians.

LOL…..sure….in favor of Trump, MTG, Boebert, Jordan, Gaetz…..etc. 

Have fun.  I’ll never support it. Thanks for giving the board an example of why I can’t be a Republican anymore. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL…..sure….in favor of Trump, MTG, Boebert, Jordan, Gaetz…..etc. 

Have fun.  I’ll never support it. Thanks for giving the board an example of why I can’t be a Republican anymore. 

I'm not a republican either but I'd vote for MTG 1000x before I'd vote for any of the listed Republicans or a single Democrat

• Haha 1