The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm not a republican either but I'd vote for MTG 1000x before I'd vote for any of the listed Republicans or a single Democrat

Thanks. 

I mean…..I get it. It’s because the others have criticized Trump. And, no true Republican should do that. 

The others, protect him and praise him. THAT’S what a good Republican does. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm not a republican either but I'd vote for MTG 1000x before I'd vote for any of the listed Republicans or a single Democrat

That's absolutely crazy pills insane. You'd pick the lady who claimed jewish space lasers start wildfires over a dignified presidential candidate who has a consistent record of putting principle ahead of party.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep…demonize education. 

Note to all the teachers on here. They found out about all those secret evil things you’re teaching our kids. 

Nope, no signs of playing from the authoritarians' playbook there...lol.

Demonize scientists, the media, civil servants, political opponents, now teachers.....who is next, public utility workers?  

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep…demonize education. 

Note to all the teachers on here. They found out about all those secret evil things you’re teaching our kids. 

during covid we kept hearing from the far right that we had to get our kids to school for their social well being.   now kids are suppose to stay home with mom and dad and not meet up with their peers and learn how to get along with others?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
50 minutes ago, commando said:

during covid we kept hearing from the far right that we had to get our kids to school for their social well being.   now kids are suppose to stay home with mom and dad and not meet up with their peers and learn how to get along with others?

Kirk is expression one persons opinion (misguided IMO) 

But to your second point, You also kept hearing from some of the sane people on the left and the people in the middle and the right to get kids back in school.   Remember too those pesky pediatricians that we are supposed to trust who said kids need to be in in-person school.   It’s seems by your post that pediatricians are now Far Right:rolleyes:

On 5/1/2022 at 2:45 AM, Lorewarn said:

That's absolutely crazy pills insane. You'd pick the lady who claimed jewish space lasers start wildfires over a dignified presidential candidate who has a consistent record of putting principle ahead of party.

Yeah, seeing somebody admit they'd vote for MTG over someone like Romney/Sasse is a pretty bad take that I find largely indefensible.

• Plus1 7
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yeah, seeing somebody admit they'd vote for MTG over someone like Romney/Sasse is one of if not the worst takes I've ever seen on this board. Absolutely indefensible.

My thanks to him was fairly sincere. It’s amazing when someone shows how far down the hole they’ve gone. 

• Plus1 1

So the Kirk Cameron thing...Honestly not really that big of a deal to me.

I have taught a long time and with a ton of teachers and I am not sure if I can think of one teacher that I have known that has ever tried to "brainwash" students.  Sometimes they do it with sports, like if they find out a kid is an Iowa fan, they will make fun of the kid, stuff like that.

I had a moron student this year make a comment of "Do we really want more police officers, I mean it would be better if there less of them" and I told that student having police officers is probably a pretty good idea.

But, I think when schools went online and parents realized just how annoying their kids really are...well there will be less homeschooling not more.

• Oh Yeah! 1