The Republican Utopia

3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Most folks have either always opposed orange man, or eventually grew to oppose orange man, based primarily on sticking to principle. 

I guess everyone's barometer is different for how much fraud, cheating, lying, sexual assault allegations and boasts, racist behavior, fear-mongering, Christian larping make-believe, narcissism and incompetence they're willing to look past.

But...but...but....we are the ones who left principle behind.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

None of that even starts getting into the fact that....he isn't conservative. His policies aren't conservative, his ideology isn't conservative, he'd been a Dem his whole life, and then he co-opts the party, and suddenly lifelong consistent GOP members are RINOs. I guess the term isn't wrong if being Republican means following Trump and abandoning principles of good conservative policy.

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Orange man made you vote for Democrats, then yes. You left principle behind.

I'd personally prefer Trump to exit the public arena and never come back, but I at least have the ability to look objectively at him, give him credit for policy issues that I agree with him on, and criticize his policy and personal baggage without sounding like a freaking psychopath.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, Lorewarn said:

None of that even starts getting into the fact that....he isn't conservative. His policies aren't conservative, his ideology isn't conservative, he'd been a Dem his whole life, and then he co-opts the party, and suddenly lifelong consistent GOP members are RINOs. I guess the term isn't wrong if being Republican means following Trump and abandoning principles of good conservative policy.

That would be baffling to people who believe there are 2 parties at opposite ends of the spectrum. My view is that there are not 2 parties - there is a uniparty that puts up a public display of being 2 parties in order to manipulate the public. Both major parties need to die a quick and painful death.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That would be baffling to people who believe there are 2 parties at opposite ends of the spectrum. My view is that there are not 2 parties - there is a uniparty that puts up a public display of being 2 parties in order to manipulate the public. Both major parties need to die a quick and painful death.

I would love to destroy the "2 party system"

It would pretty much ensure that crazy candidates that have no business being elected to office would ever win elections again.

18 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The most dangerous disinformation comes out of the mouths of the politicians and bureaucrats in DC

I'm going on record that the most dangerous disinformation is the stuff that people are using to undermine democracy and install 100% loyal autocrats in all federal and local branches of government. That the loyalist candidates love posing with guns kinda tips the balance.

That's actually happening ACH. 

I'd suggest affordable health care and accurate text books are a bit down the list. 

On 5/2/2022 at 11:02 AM, ActualCornHusker said:

Whoa. Are we actually in agreement on something? 

Still, all things being equal.....they're not. One party has totally jumped the shark. The other is just your average bad sitcom. 

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If Orange man made you vote for Democrats, then yes. You left principle behind.

I'd personally prefer Trump to exit the public arena and never come back, but I at least have the ability to look objectively at him, give him credit for policy issues that I agree with him on, and criticize his policy and personal baggage without sounding like a freaking psychopath.

Why would you want him to exit the public arena and never come back if he's so great for policy that you voted for him twice (assuming) and all the other BS that comes with him doesn't matter?

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would be much better if it said where this poll came from.  So, I'm posting this knowing the source is questionable till we know that.  However, there is a chance the public is getting tired of all the BS.

I would be completely shocked if Democrats have a lead in polling that's consistent for any length of time.

Not to mention, in order to win the House, they'd need to win the popular vote by 2-3%.

3 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's truly incredible to watch as a person who isn't attached to either side how insane the statist faction of our population is (which is basically the entire democratic party and at least half of the republican party)

As a person who also considers themselves detached from either party, I think the only real difference between Republicans and Democrats (as far as statism is concerned) is that Democrats just tend to be more honest about it. Republicans will lurk behind the notion of rugged individualism until being statist benefits their agenda.

Ultimately, though, I do agree with you. I think the two party systems need to disappear. Too many people let the parties define their politics rather than their politics define their party. Humans barely agree on anything and yet we're supposed to believe these two parties represent the two largest philosophical segmentations of our country? It's nonsense.

• Plus1 5