The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

1) that bill is complete stupidness and the State congressman should be embarrassed.

2) Filidorski is a complete idiot for the headline in his tweet as the bill is in reference to any state Gov official not just Gov’s office.  

From the article that Filidorski posted and cutoff a paragraph in his tweet 

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.

In the bill, Brodeur wrote that those who write “an article, a story, or a series of stories,” about “the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, a Cabinet officer, or any member of the Legislature,” and receives or will receive payment for doing so, must register with state offices within five days after the publication of an article that mentions an elected state official.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

1) that bill is complete stupidness and the State congressman should be embarrassed.

2) Filidorski is a complete idiot for the headline in his tweet as the bill is in reference to any state Gov official not just Gov’s office.  

From the article that Filidorski posted and cutoff a paragraph in his tweet 

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.

In the bill, Brodeur wrote that those who write “an article, a story, or a series of stories,” about “the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, a Cabinet officer, or any member of the Legislature,” and receives or will receive payment for doing so, must register with state offices within five days after the publication of an article that mentions an elected state official.

I thought Desantis was an elected official…

I mean you’ve brought his successful election several times.

:dunno

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I thought Desantis was an elected official…

I mean you’ve brought his successful election several times.

:dunno

Do you have a point here :dunno

Filidorski is trying to make it a DeSantis thing when it’s a Florida politician thing 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Can we please get a single current Republican to say "this is not who we are" and then back that with their vote? 

Ha. Absolutely effin No.

Well, maybe Santos would say this isn’t who we are.

Cheney said that isn’t who she was and we see where that got her.