The Republican Utopia

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I can’t believe people are trying to dismiss time blindness as if it’s something to not care about.   

I get the nuance with it and I get that it is easy to dismiss but it should not be.

We all know people that are perpetually late and I never really thought of it as TB but it makes sense.  No one is TRYING to be late all the time.

I worked with a wonderful lady, amazing teacher, her and her husband both worked at my school.  He was always there by  6am and she was NEVER on time, getting to school pretty much when the bell rang...for 35 years!  Clearly that is something she was battling.  

Why not make accommodations for people fighting TB?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get the nuance with it and I get that it is easy to dismiss but it should not be.

We all know people that are perpetually late and I never really thought of it as TB but it makes sense.  No one is TRYING to be late all the time.

I worked with a wonderful lady, amazing teacher, her and her husband both worked at my school.  He was always there by  6am and she was NEVER on time, getting to school pretty much when the bell rang...for 35 years!  Clearly that is something she was battling.  

I agree.  It’s one of the few discriminating behaviors left that society tolerates IMO.   

The other is age picking discrimination.  I can’t believe in todays society we still don’t allow someone to pick the age they identify with.  Some days my body feels like it’s 65 years old and I identify with that.   I should be entitled to Medicare and SS benefits when I self identify with that age group.  Yet society is holding me back from doing so

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I'm never quite sure when your kidding or trolling, but you do seem serious about this. I didn't watch the video because I don't have TikTok on my laptop, but it's easy to believe time blindness is a thing. There's also a condition that prevents people from recognizing faces. I think Brad Pitt has it. Some people hear music no one else does. Each condition may be rare, but chances are somebody we know has to deal with something we don't know about. 

We all know or live with or marry or give birth to people who are consistently late. My observation is that they know exactly what time it is, but choose to not move any faster and/or squeeze in something they know will make them late, and me yelling at them doesn't seem to help. Personally, I'm notorious for my punctuality. Here in California that's seen as "a Nebraska thing."

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm never quite sure when your kidding or trolling, but you do seem serious about this. I didn't watch the video because I don't have TikTok on my laptop, but it's easy to believe time blindness is a thing. There's also a condition that prevents people from recognizing faces. I think Brad Pitt has it. Some people hear music no one else does. Each condition may be rare, but chances are somebody we know has to deal with something we don't know about. 

We all know or live with or marry or give birth to people who are consistently late. My observation is that they know exactly what time it is, but choose to not move any faster and/or squeeze in something they know will make them late, and me yelling at them doesn't seem to help. Personally, I'm notorious for my punctuality. Here in California that's seen as "a Nebraska thing."

I have heard that about Brad Pitt and face recognition. I think that is something a lot of people sort of suffer with. I probably have an easier time remembering faces than I do names.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My oldest brother is constantly late. He doesn’t give a crap. I think it’s because he hates waiting on other people so, they wait on him. It’s a control thing. 

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I have heard that about Brad Pitt and face recognition. I think that is something a lot of people sort of suffer with. I probably have an easier time remembering faces than I do names.

If I meet you once, I will always remember your face. Tell me your name and I won’t remember it two minutes later. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If I meet you once, I will always remember your face. Tell me your name and I won’t remember it two minutes later. 

Yeah, that’s kind of how I am… I think that I’m so like excited when I meet someone for the first time and shake their hand that I probably don’t even hear the first couple things that they say to me.  Usually that is their name!  Do you ever noticed that when your interview people… Like you’ve introduced him to a few other people and they clearly don’t remember the peoples names.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, that’s kind of how I am… I think that I’m so like excited when I meet someone for the first time and shake their hand that I probably don’t even hear the first couple things that they say to me.  Usually that is their name!  Do you ever noticed that when your interview people… Like you’ve introduced him to a few other people and they clearly don’t remember the peoples names.

You get that excited to finally maybe find a friend?

• Haha 1