The Republican Utopia

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

Maybe we’re just time-blindness blind?  Quit casting us aside as second class, disrespectful people!

Hahaha!

I can almost predict, with 100% certainty, that one of the meetings before school this year will be about "time blindness" but probably not using that word.  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My oldest brother is constantly late. He doesn’t give a crap. I think it’s because he hates waiting on other people so, they wait on him. It’s a control thing. 

Perhaps it is time blindness!

I have one friend that is NEVER on time...to the point that we have to lie to him about when we are leaving or teeing off, stuff like that.  

Just to make sure he is on time.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

A whole lot of kids are going to say they worship their cell phones and then sue the schools to let them check TikTok's during that time…

Yeah, I don't have any issue at all with like a "down time" to pray or rest or meditate or chill...

I also believe that prayer is more than a Hail Mary, I believe that for most of us, we pray everyday but in a very informal way.  Reflection or introspection, those are, to me, forms or prayer.  Prayer is just a request or thought or expression.  

With that said, it will just be kids looking at their phones.

We did some meditation stuff during homeroom, 4 years ago, and for as much as "kids today" talk about mental health and all that crap...they all laughed off the meditation time and used to it d!(k around or do HW.  

• Plus1 1

In the Senate, one senator can hold up nominations or legislation even if the other 99 want it to move forward.

Generally, leaders in the majority party get around this by holding a series of votes to move a measure and dispense of the hold. It just takes some additional time on the Senate floor.

But Tuberville’s blockade is unique because there are hundreds of military nominations and promotions, and Democratic leaders would have to hold roll call votes on every single one of them to get around the hold. It’s a decades-long tradition for the Senate to group military promotions together and approve them by voice vote, avoiding lengthy roll calls.

So Tuberville has put the Senate in a bind. The chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., said this week that voting on the more than 260 military nominations through the regular procedure would take 27 days with the Senate working “around the clock” or 84 days if the Senate worked eight hours a day.

Change the rule so 1 senator cannot hold up nominations. That's ludicrous. Make it 1- the % needed to approve the nomination. It should be 40 votes, or whatever that # is.

• TBH 1
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Change the rule so 1 senator cannot hold up nominations. That's ludicrous. Make it 1- the % needed to approve the nomination. It should be 40 votes, or whatever that # is.

i've heard the theory that they are holding up the nominations so that the next president (they are hoping Trump) get's to pick all his people for the jobs.   

• Plus1 1