Immigration Ban

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty much like the end of the movie “The Natural,” with Trump rounding the bases as America cheers.

OK, I laughed at that.  That image.   Plus we all know, even in his homerun trot, Trump would be winded by 1st base, by the time he rounds 3rd, he'd be gasping for air, hands on hips walking towards home.   And I think he would look like Christie in a baseball uniform, he'd pick one too tight and show off his tiny man bulge.

1 hour ago, Fru said:

Forcibly injecting children with psychiatric drugs is clearly the pathway to greatness. 

This seems like the kind of thing a lawful country would prosecute. If this happened, we should find out at some point through the legal process.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This seems like the kind of thing a lawful country would prosecute. If this happened, we should find out at some point through the legal process.

Didn't we order airstrikes on a country that used chemicals on children? 

All of the posts above remind me to ask myself  "Am I living in America, the land of the free and the brave and opportunity?"  I believe in boarder security and proper immigration law and procedures but we now we have an alt right govt that is making us into a nation that no one with sensible reasoning and morality can recognize.  When we (as a nation) stop treating other humans humanly we ourselves become less than human. 

• Plus1 2

Statement from Montanans for Immigrant Justice and Missoula Rises re: Trump’s Pending Executive Order to Stop Separating Families:

Trump has indicated that he will be signing an Executive Order today to stop separating families when they initially cross the border. While this is movement in the right direction, DO NOT BE FOOLED by what this Order does. Here are the facts thus far:

1. Families will not be immediately separated, but they will be held in detention together.
2. Crossing the border “illegally” will no longer be deemed a civil violation, it will be deemed a criminal violation.
3. Because it is a criminal violation the parents will be charged criminally. At that point, their children will be forcibly taken.

4. The Executive Order will provide a provision that families will be expedited through the criminal process. This means that the removal of their children will be expedited.

There is still a need for the Tent Cities. There will still be Tender Age Facilities. This serves as optics for Trump to claim he is not ripping families apart. He is. The GOP are. They are just hiding it in the fine print.

Understand this is a result of the pressure we and others have exerted. WE made this change. But this is not the solution. He anticipates this will temper our moral outrage. Do not let it. This is not close to enough. This is not a victory for those families crossing the border.

This

This reads to me that separation will still happen, this executive order is for effect and does NOTHING to actually fix the issue and stop the separation of kids from parents.

• Plus1 2