Tommie Frazier commits, NU sendds private jet for official visit.

So my question is: What recruit since has had a near Frasier like impact on the Husker program? I don't think anyone comes close to Frasier's impact on the program.

Suh - we didn't win a CCG

Scott Frost- 1 CC, 1 NC

Eric Crouch 1 CC
Amman Green

Taylor Martinez

Zac Taylor

Grant Winstrom

Old.

Dang what gave you your first clue?
My initial suspicions arose from the "Tommie Frazier commits" part. Then the "NU sendds private jet for official visit" bit only prompted further investigation.

After doing a little digging I discovered the news paper article was dated Wednesday, February 5th, 1992. After careful examination of my desk top calendar I determined that the article is, in fact, old.

You were a lot cooler when your quips where shorter, and not quite as witty.
  • Fire 1

So my question is: What recruit since has had a near Frasier like impact on the Husker program? I don't think anyone comes close to Frasier's impact on the program.

Scott Frost- 1 CC, 1 NC

Eric Crouch 1 CC

Amman Green

Taylor Martinez

Zac Taylor

Grant Winstrom

Because Tommie's success had nothing to do with anything but him, right? With lesser teams, relative to the greatest of all time arguably (in an era that saw loads of talent, both on the fields and the sidelines (including the venerable staff)), there are different criteria for judging something so vague as what you're calling "impact." Did Ameer Abdullah not have an impact? We probably lose to McNeese State (?) without him. I love TF also but it's not fair to judge kids entering the program today given how much has changed. It's the same thing with coaches but you wouldn't know it from reading these forums.

Scott Frost- 1 CC, 1 NC

Eric Crouch 1 CC

Amman Green

Taylor Martinez

Zac Taylor

Grant Winstrom

Because Tommie's success had nothing to do with anything but him, right? With lesser teams, relative to the greatest of all time arguably (in an era that saw loads of talent, both on the fields and the sidelines (including the venerable staff)), there are different criteria for judging something so vague as what you're calling "impact." Did Ameer Abdullah not have an impact? We probably lose to McNeese State (?) without him. I love TF also but it's not fair to judge kids entering the program today given how much has changed. It's the same thing with coaches but you wouldn't know it from reading these forums.

This was a general question. It is not meant to think less of others or judge them against the "TF standard". Yes, AA and others had a great effect on their specific teams or in specific situation - I just think TF had a profound impact that last even beyond his years at NU. Yes, he was on a team with amazing talent and one of the all time great coaches but I don't think they win back to back NC without him. He & his teams changed the direction and expectations of the program. Clemson, this year and last year saw what one player can do for a program - they should have won the game last year also as they out played bama. I'd like to see that type of difference maker come to NU - maybe he is in this year's class.

Isn't he a dual-threat QB? I bet he's 4th string and transfers after the 1st year.....he doesn't fit our style.

i kinda like the irony of this post as the other qb taken in this class was a statue who transferred within the first two years.
Who was a statue, Rutz (sp?)?

He blew at least one of his knees out and was never the same.

The irony is if Frazier were an 18 year old freshman on the team today, he likely is the 4th teamer and never sees the field.

Arguably the greatest college QB of all time. That should be a huge concern.

Isn't he a dual-threat QB? I bet he's 4th string and transfers after the 1st year.....he doesn't fit our style.

i kinda like the irony of this post as the other qb taken in this class was a statue who transferred within the first two years.

The irony is if Frazier were an 18 year old freshman on the team today, he likely is the 4th teamer and never sees the field.

If you believe a team that started Tommy Armstrong wouldn't have started Tommie Frazier I have some ocean front property in Arizona you should be interested in.

• Fire 2

If you believe a team that started Tommy Armstrong wouldn't have started Tommie Frazier I have some ocean front property in Arizona you should be interested in.
He's saying the team today. Armstrong isn't on the team and they're looking for a traditional passer.

That said the "point" is pretty bad.

Peyton Manning wouldn't have started in front of Frazier or Frost or Crouch at Nebraska. It isn't a "huge concern" that coaches want players who fit their offense.

He's saying the team today. Armstrong isn't on the team and they're looking for a traditional passer.

Frazier wouldn't have started in front of Peyton Manning at Tenneasee. Manning wouldn't have started in front of Frazier. It isn't a "huge concern" that coaches want players who fit their offense.

Pretty sure if they had Tommie Frazier on the roster, they wouldn't transition to the passing offense, they would keep the shotgun zone read, since they have already been running it.

Frazier wouldn't have started in front of Peyton Manning at Tenneasee. Manning wouldn't have started in front of Frazier. It isn't a "huge concern" that coaches want players who fit their offense.

Pretty sure if they had Tommie Frazier on the roster, they wouldn't transition to the passing offense, they would keep the shotgun zone read, since they have already been running it.

Doubtful. This garbage offense is what it is....garbage.

They would have had no use for one of the greatest QBs in the history of the sport.

Which explains the head coach's record. Garbage.

Doubtful. This garbage offense is what it is....garbage.

They would have had no use for one of the greatest QBs in the history of the sport.

Which explains the head coach's record. Garbage.

Pretty sure nobody retires with Tommy Frazier going into his senior year coming off a NC... so this debate is dumb. Most coaches don't get fired with a QB as good as Tommy. Also comparing TF to TA is ridiculous because they aren't even close. Records aside TA isn't even top 3 in program history. That being said TF wouldn't have started in front of a lot of Qbs who were in systems that didn't rely on a running QB. That's why he came to Nebraska