Got to say, good job

Dagerow

Looks like a good class w some potential studs in there, espcially @ WR and, hopefully, Gebbia.

Am very concerned that we didn't get any high profile RBs, which means, IMO, we have no high profile RBs on the roster--and last time I looked this was supposed to be NEBRASKA, you, the team that runs the ball.

5-6 4* recruits is nothing to sneeze at, but that's outta 20 ttl, which isn't going to cut it if NE wants to return as a primetime team.

When we get 14/20 4* guys, AND, heaven forbi, the ever elusive 5*, THEN we can start spinning cartwheels...

Not disagreeing, but if this is NEBRASKA and we want to run the ball, it starts with the OLINE, not a 5 star RB. The studs of the past weren't "high profile", they ran behind great lines, whom also weren't high profile, just hard workers. The last 'high profile" Taylor (flop), Lucky (average), Horne (flop, transfer)...... the guys with the numbers before them in the 80-90-early 00, became studs behind Oline.

We need high profile, hard working linemen, then we will be NEBRASKA !!

if history is an indicator, we got our next star back in Jaylin Bradley from right down the way!

I think next year will be the real sign that we are seeing pretty dramatic improvement in recruiting. The last 2 years have been good but still average enough they look pretty similar to the previous staffs numbers.

But consider this, if Riley signs a top 25 class next year (likely IMO) that would be the first time 3 consecutive top 25 classes have been signed at Nebraska since 05, 06, 07, 08 and if we are being fair, those recruiting classes made up the best Husker teams we have seen since 2001

I'm not overly concerned about runningback. I think the Ozigbo, and Bryant are two strong runners and have shown they can tote the rock very well at times. Another year under their belt will only help. Behind them you have Wilbon (who had shown flashes his first year) if he stays and now Bradley who will have a chance for touches I'm sure.

Where I do understand the feeling of uneasiness that we are hearing is possible injuries. We've seen that Ozigbo isn't the most durable and this position lends itself to getting banged up. Next year will be important to get a guy who can jump in and play. That need will be lessened if Bradley can play as well as we think he can.

Saw a comment about the offensive line up their. I'm still holding my thought that they were young, injured, and not very deep last year. Can't help injuries very much, but this line does have a lot of experience in parts. It is still very young, but that's not a bad thing either. They do have potential and time to grow. Like everything else, they need patience. Don't think that the guys who struggled last year will automatically struggle again. They have a whole offseason to improve and learn. I'm optimistic about this group.

Health as always will be the key.

Very impressive recruiting hall. The coaches really did well.

Where is this "hall" located? I'd like to see how impressive it is.

:P

There it is. Right down that haulway.

:lol:

=============================================================

Seriously, this is a pretty incredible recruiting *haul* considering all the disastrous crap that went on this year. I mean, we lost our entire interior defensive line last spring. We only had one DT left from our previous year's two-deep. That in itself could have turned the season into a disaster. And our O-line was cursed with injury for most of the season. I can't even count the number of injuries we worked through. Another disaster in the making. Then we lost our top three playmakers for the end of the season. Tommy, Westy and Nate. 3X disaster. Despite this we put together an okay season, and a pretty decent recruiting class. I think the season came out about as good as could be expected, and I call yesterday's NSD a WIN!

• Fire 1

It is a nice class. Top 25 from every sevice you look at. It only has 20 guys, so that keeps it down a little if they would have finished at 23 with a couple of the other guys that went a different way and the class would be in the top teens.

I think they filled their needs pretty well. There are ready made players in position of need for the most part. They needed WR and they got some that should contribute right away. I think they have some DL that can help right away. I hope at least 1 of the TE can help right away cause they need it.

Nice class. If they win and keep recruiting they should be able to get into the lower teens consistantly in recruiting.

It is a nice class. Top 25 from every sevice you look at. It only has 20 guys, so that keeps it down a little if they would have finished at 23 with a couple of the other guys that went a different way and the class would be in the top teens.

I think they filled their needs pretty well. There are ready made players in position of need for the most part. They needed WR and they got some that should contribute right away. I think they have some DL that can help right away. I hope at least 1 of the TE can help right away cause they need it.

Nice class. If they win and keep recruiting they should be able to get into the lower teens consistantly in recruiting.

The bar for measuring their success has to be winning the west. They are much more highly regarded than any of our divisional opponents. Big 10 championships are going to be hard to come by, but our goal has to be to be the top dog in the West at minimum in the 1-2 seasons.

It's a small step in the right direction, thank god we got Lindsey or this class would be viewed as a dumpster fire. We'll see what DW, KW, and Parella can do with another full cycle.

Disappointing we didn't land some of the top guys we went after, but I like the fact that we went after them. If we want to start winning conference titles, we have to go after and land guys like Lewis and Sarell. At least we are swinging for the fences now, hopefully this can progress to actually hitting the home run.

• Fire 1

Very impressive recruiting hall. The coaches really did well.

Where is this "hall" located? I'd like to see how impressive it is.

:P

There it is. Right down that haulway.

:lol:

=============================================================

Seriously, this is a pretty incredible recruiting *haul* considering all the disastrous crap that went on this year. I mean, we lost our entire interior defensive line last spring. We only had one DT left from our previous year's two-deep. That in itself could have turned the season into a disaster. And our O-line was cursed with injury for most of the season. I can't even count the number of injuries we worked through. Another disaster in the making. Then we lost our top three playmakers for the end of the season. Tommy, Westy and Nate. 3X disaster. Despite this we put together an okay season, and a pretty decent recruiting class. I think the season came out about as good as could be expected, and I call yesterday's NSD a WIN!

good perspective. I think it was a good class considering the disaster of going 2-4 during the last half of the season. I think the high profile attention will help us next year, we have better recruiters now than what we had last year at this time (outside of JP who was just hired as DL coach - he is going to be great in the years to come and is already earning his keep) Our new DC should be a heck of a recruiter long term (hoping we keep him for a while). So, I think the most fruitful part of this year will be the open doors for next year. I think we once again have a national foot print and a building image that will turn heads our way.

If we can break out of the pack and win the west div next year, I think that will give us an even bigger profile. Still hard to compete wt OSU and Mich who get 5 or 6 - 5 stars. After the stagnant years under Bo and the disaster of BC (who could recruit but ... we know the rest of the story) it is time to build back the NU brand and I think we are seeing the 1st steps. Hiring a new DC was also a huge step in that effort that cannot be underestimated. If these 3 QBs end up being as good as advertised, we will see the benefits in short time.

Looks like a good class w some potential studs in there, espcially @ WR and, hopefully, Gebbia.

Am very concerned that we didn't get any high profile RBs, which means, IMO, we have no high profile RBs on the roster--and last time I looked this was supposed to be NEBRASKA, you, the team that runs the ball.

5-6 4* recruits is nothing to sneeze at, but that's outta 20 ttl, which isn't going to cut it if NE wants to return as a primetime team.

When we get 14/20 4* guys, AND, heaven forbi, the ever elusive 5*, THEN we can start spinning cartwheels...

Not disagreeing, but if this is NEBRASKA and we want to run the ball, it starts with the OLINE, not a 5 star RB. The studs of the past weren't "high profile", they ran behind great lines, whom also weren't high profile, just hard workers. The last 'high profile" Taylor (flop), Lucky (average), Horne (flop, transfer)...... the guys with the numbers before them in the 80-90-early 00, became studs behind Oline.

We need high profile, hard working linemen, then we will be NEBRASKA !!

I completely agree that high profile OLmen trumps the RBs, that is, you can do just fine with lesser RBs in that preferred case.

On the flip side, a legit 5* RB--say Fournette, D Cook, Bo Scarborough, etc-- can make up for OL deficiencies, obviously, as they make stuff happen on their own. Ideally you have both.

We really haven't had a for real, big time RB since, say, LP or Ahman Green, and dagnabbit, I don't see any reason why that continues to be the case. It would surely help take us to the next level.

But this year's dirth @ RB is truly mystifying.

We really haven't had a for real, big time RB since, say, LP or Ahman Green, and dagnabbit, I don't see any reason why that continues to be the case. It would surely help take us to the next level.

Oh I think Roy Helu, Rex Burkhead and Ameer Abdullah would have been big time on any Osborne team, especially considering they played pretty damn big with less-stellar offensive lines. Brandon Jackson and Corell Buckhalter had NFL chops, too.

And I'm not convinced Devine Ozigbo, Trey Bryant and Mikel Wilbon represent a dearth. Any or all look capable of a breakout year. Or maybe just a solid platoon.

I think it's a decent to good class, IMO. My concerns are that we were a missed signing of Blades away from finishing outside of the top 25. And for 2 years of effort into California, the return seem a bit underwhelming. Here's hoping that next year produces better results.

If's and butt's, we knew we had Blades. That seems nitpicky, we got him so what more can you ask for? We even flipped him from the SEC!

We got 3 elite talent WR's, one that could easily be a star higher and another we flipped from Ohio Freaking State. We would have had abother 4 star WR but he is as flakey as it comes.

We got a QB that was huge in the state of California. Could be the type of QB we have been waiting years for.

Thr final ranking means absolutely dick to me. Could it have been better? Of course, but I'm pretty sure we can look back at this class in 4 years and see if that ranking meant anything.

I have meaning to post this, just have forgotten. Can we talk a little about the upgrade in recruiting from Hank Hughes to John Parrella? What a difference a year makes. Hughes literally ran off NFL talent and recruited none. Parrella grabbed 4 in his first cycle and got good ones. Excited to see him and the Williams boys work for an entire season with Diaco and Riley with the close.

• Fire 2

5-6 4* recruits is nothing to sneeze at, but that's outta 20 ttl, which isn't going to cut it if NE wants to return as a primetime player.

agree, Ohio State kicked our ass, i think they got 5 5* kids.........we got none. And RB's we have no one out standing here either......we still need better recruiting, to compete.

Oh I think Roy Helu, Rex Burkhead and Ameer Abdullah would have been big time on any Osborne team, especially considering they played pretty damn big with less-stellar offensive lines. Brandon Jackson and Corell Buckhalter had NFL chops, too.

And I'm not convinced Devine Ozigbo, Trey Bryant and Mikel Wilbon represent a dearth. Any or all look capable of a breakout year. Or maybe just a solid platoon.

Wilbon has had plenty of time to make an impression and Bryant is jacked up with a major injury........our run game will struggle, can't load it all on Ozigbo for the whole season.

The bar for measuring their success has to be winning the west. They are much more highly regarded than any of our divisional opponents. Big 10 championships are going to be hard to come by, but our goal has to be to be the top dog in the West at minimum in the 1-2 seasons.

agree, the dream of beating Ohio State in a Championship game is years away.........they are young and talented, for some time to come.