The Environment

8 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Does it really matter if long term is 10 years or 1,000 years?

Yes.  

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

My answer to that has absolutely no bearing on the fact that you do not believe climate change due to man made causes is actually a thing.

I believe man made factors are a small piece of any warming or cooling not a zero piece.  

Your attitude on everything like this is deny deny deny, until you no longer can and then obfuscate and move the goalposts

The reason you always get so upset like this and go into attack mode, is you enter a conversation not knowing anything just to try and get a jab in, get called out on it  and then don’t known what to do so you post variations of the above sentence.  

nobody’s gonna change your mind and you’ll continue to be part of the problem and not the solution.

How exactly are you part of the solution?  Do you drive an electric car that doesn’t have a battery from a mining operation?   Do you have “net zero” emissions from your recent life history?  Recycle everything?  Cut down on your business operations to help save the planet?   Or just post a rant on Huskerboard? 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes.  

I believe man made factors are a small piece of any warming or cooling not a zero piece.  

The reason you always get so upset like this and go into attack mode, is you enter a conversation not knowing anything just to try and get a jab in, get called out on it  and then don’t known what to do so you post variations of the above sentence.  

How exactly are you part of the solution?  Do you drive an electric car that doesn’t have a battery from a mining operation?   Do you have “net zero” emissions from your recent life history?  Recycle everything?  Cut down on your business operations to help save the planet?   Or just post a rant on Huskerboard? 

For starters, I don’t vote for science deniers. And just because I call you out on your bulls#!t doesn’t mean I’m “upset” as you so often claim.

But please go ahead and explain how defining long term as 10 or 100 or 1,000 years actually affects the science of climate change. This should be good and will give you the opportunity to prove I entered the conversation “not knowing anything”. Bring on the brilliance.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude has to be getting some kind of nice payday for this move.  Or has something else line up, those are some of the most coveted jobs in TV news.  

I think they're pretty low paid and the hours are pretty weird.

On 6/8/2023 at 6:58 AM, Archy1221 said:

While you believe this, it is absolutely not true. Human factors have greatly influenced climate change. The effects of which humanity is only beginning to feel. 

Whether it's water shortages in the American southwest or insurance companies refusing to insure New homes in coastal states, these issues are only going to get much worse.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
46 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think they're pretty low paid and the hours are pretty weird.

While you believe this, it is absolutely not true. Human factors have greatly influenced climate change. The effects of which humanity is only beginning to feel. 

Whether it's water shortages in the American southwest or insurance companies refusing to insure New homes in coastal states, these issues are only going to get much worse.

The hours are weird, no doubt. 

On 9/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, JJ Husker said:

:lol::lol:

If we could capture all the tears being shed in the football forum, I believe we could refill both Lake Mead and Lake Powell. Environmental crisis averted.

Nature took care of that for us.   Imagine that.   Environmental crisis averted.  

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/3963236-lake-mead-and-lake-powell-are-swelling-heres-what-that-means-for-the-water-supply/

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Nature took care of that for us.   Imagine that.   Environmental crisis averted.  

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/3963236-lake-mead-and-lake-powell-are-swelling-heres-what-that-means-for-the-water-supply/

It still has a long ways to go to get to 2018 levels.

https://mead.uslakes.info/level.asp

And....this isn't just because of snow pack.  There have been strict water usage regulations put in for the areas this lake services.  

https://www.lvvwd.com/conservation/mandatory-watering-schedule/index.html

So....no....Nature didn't just take care of this.  Did nature help?  Sure.  But, a large part of it is that humans changed their habits to account for the affects their usage was having on the supply.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

t still has a long ways to go to get to 2018 levels.

1075 is normal 

from the hill article I posted. 

The high snowpack levels are translating to an expected flow in the Colorado River that’s 177% of normal levels.

While Lake Mead rises by 33 feet – to an expected 1,068.05 feet this year – Lake Powell will go up by 40 feet to 3,576.50 feet, holding back an extra 2.74 million acre-feet of water from the higher runoff. Lake levels are expressed as the elevation of the lake’s surface compared to sea level.

• Plus1 1
On 6/8/2023 at 7:58 AM, Archy1221 said:

Same energy

1376.png?1617756646

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

1075 is normal 

from the hill article I posted. 

The high snowpack levels are translating to an expected flow in the Colorado River that’s 177% of normal levels.

While Lake Mead rises by 33 feet – to an expected 1,068.05 feet this year – Lake Powell will go up by 40 feet to 3,576.50 feet, holding back an extra 2.74 million acre-feet of water from the higher runoff. Lake levels are expressed as the elevation of the lake’s surface compared to sea level.

And...yes.  It has potential to get there.  But.....don't ignore the other part of my post.  It wouldn't be getting there if it weren't for changes humans made to allow nature to build back the water level.

• Plus1 1