The First Trump Impeachment Thread

On 11/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, QMany said:

As I am listening to Will Hurd's (R-TX) is questioning, I wonder how he and other retiring Republicans will vote. 

They probably still need a cush GOP lobbying job or the like, but they won't have as much Trump-induced reelection pressure.

• Thanks 1

This is exactly right. 

Trump is going to get out of this because he refused to allow these people to testify. 

it’s pathetic and disgusting. I’m already hearing Republican friends claim they didn’t hear any first hand accounts so they still support Trump. 

it’s a very sad day in America that the President has proven that a president can completely ignore congressional oversight. 

This is going to come back to bite the nation in the a$$. 

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m already hearing Republican friends claim they didn’t hear any first hand accounts so they still support Trump. 

it’s a very sad day in America...

But we did hear plenty of first-hand accounts. They're being intellectually dishonest.

If they're still supporting Trump, nothing is going to change that.

It is very sad.

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, QMany said:

But we did hear plenty of first-hand accounts. They're being intellectually dishonest.

If they're still supporting Trump, nothing is going to change that.

It is very sad.

I know. And that’s sad. 

What they  are claiming they need to hear is Trump saying it himself and the only way we get that is if Mulvany, Bolden and Pompeo testify and Trump won’t let them. 

Sad thing is, there will still be a lot of Trumpers that will come up with yet another excuse. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

What they  are claiming they need to hear is Trump saying it himself and the only way we get that is if Mulvany, Bolden and Pompeo testify and Trump won’t let them. 

We heard from multiple people that heard it directly from Trump's mouth: Sondland, Vindman, Holmes, et al. Claiming the only way to be convinced is from those that refuse to testify is BS. Again, that is intellectually dishonest.

EDIT: Not to mention the memo (not a transcript) that Trump released and Mulvaney's own admissions on TV!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, QMany said:

We heard from multiple people that heard it directly from Trump's mouth: Sondland, Vindman, Holmes, et al. Claiming the only way to be convinced is from those that refuse to testify is BS. Again, that is intellectually dishonest.

EDIT: Not to mention the memo (not a transcript) that Trump released and Mulvaney's own admissions on TV!

Exactly. What happened is not up for debate. Trump admitted it, Mulvaney admitted it, there is a call record that verifies it. We didn't even need Vindman, Hill, Holmes, Sondland, ect. They are just further context and proof of what exactly this was. The Republicans can claim whatever they like but all of the facts currently combined with the obstruction from the WH is a mountain of impeachment evidence in comparison with Nixon and Clinton. The fact of the matter is pressing Zelensky for Biden investigations through the channels he did in and of itself is impeachable imo, without aid or a WH meeting withheld. As Vindman testified that is not how this should be handled because of this exact situation. The fact that Hill makes it clear these investigations were not a part of our National Security policy drives everything home that this was inappropriate at some of the highest levels.

• Plus1 2

I know it will take awhile, but what are the rules over in the Senate, what is going to happen? I've been reading people calling for Republican senators to bring in a list of witnesses that is entirely in bad faith. Names include the Bidens, the Clintons, Obama, George Soros and Schiff. Can they actually do any of that, given they are in control?