The First Trump Impeachment Thread

38 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I still can’t decide whether Nunes is a total moron or a f#&%ing a$$h@!e.

The funniest thing I saw on Reddit yesterday was, if Devin fell into a bucket full of udders he'd windup sucking his own thumbs.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I never have understood why opening statements...etc. are circulated before they are read or stated by the person giving them.

Frankly, I appreciate it. I have listened to all of these hearings in the background at work. It lets me follow along or catch exact quotes they I might not have got perfect audibly. It also allows deponents to control their language and message that may get arguably ambiguous in back & forth questioning. 

EDIT: It also allows accurate real-time reporting.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, QMany said:

It also allows deponents to control their language and message that may get arguably ambiguous in back & forth questioning. 

Not sure I understand this statement.  They would still have a written statement they would read into record.  It should just be distributed after they read it.

As to your first part...well....sorry.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure I understand this statement.  They would still have a written statement they would read into record.  It should just be distributed after they read it.

As to your first part...well....sorry.

I'm not sure why they are released in the public but I can think of a few reasons why the committee would want the statements early.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not sure why they are released in the public but I can think of a few reasons why the committee would want the statements early.

Sure....one is, because they make their opening statements first is one of them.  They don't want to say something that the person testifying will directly contradict with evidence.

It's going to be very interesting to see Hill's opening statement and the exchange between Nunes and Hill now.  

• Plus1 1