The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

You think the impeachment will start by November or is that too soon?

If you ask me, and the Kurds, it's way too late.   He's a phone call away from creating havoc anywhere in the world, he cannot remain as president that long, IMO.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You think the impeachment will start by November or is that too soon?

not sure.   i think they might wait to impeach but now is the time to do it.   waiting gives him time for fox news and rush to brainwash more rubes.

Serious question, can the US stop the president from traveling outside the US?   If Trump finally sees he's trapped and he has no chance of re-election, no chance of avoiding impeachment, no chance of not being criminally charged once out of office, what's to stop him from going to say Moscow or Istanbul, living in Trump Towers there and resigning?  That's how I see this whole Trump presidency ending, him running to a different country and the US being able to do nothing about it and him not being punished at all.

7 minutes ago, sho said:

Serious question, can the US stop the president from traveling outside the US?   If Trump finally sees he's trapped and he has no chance of re-election, no chance of avoiding impeachment, no chance of not being criminally charged once out of office, what's to stop him from going to say Moscow or Istanbul, living in Trump Towers there and resigning?  That's how I see this whole Trump presidency ending, him running to a different country and the US being able to do nothing about it and him not being punished at all.

That's a really interesting scenario. I've actually had similar thoughts myself. I did a little research, and I discovered that the U.S. has an extradition treaty with Turkey, but not one with Russia. So Trump ending up in Putin's backdo.... er, I mean backyard is a possibility.

1 minute ago, schriznoeder said:

That's a really interesting scenario. I've actually had similar thoughts myself. I did a little research, and I discovered that the U.S. has an extradition treaty with Turkey, but not one with Russia. So Trump ending up in Putin's backdo.... er, I mean backyard is a possibility.

he will be pardoned by pence before anything like this happens....but if he does end up running to russia he is no longer of any use to putin and those russian windows are always waiting for someone to fall out of them.

• Plus1 2

A little bit of irony, and a reminder that Republicans have been warned over and over that what power you take for yourself now is going to be in the hands of your political opponent later.

You can't do stuff like this, then cry when the next guy does it, too.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sho said:

When dictators lose power, they do typically go into exile in a foreign country.