The First Trump Impeachment Thread

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I've looked at a couple different things with this.  What exactly is being alleged as to how this is connected to Sessions?

millions of illegal campaign donations from them to him.  right after he wrote a letter recommending the firing of the U.S. ambassador to ukraine.  

lot's of stuff to look through here

https://twitter.com/search?q="Pete Sessions"&src=tren

5 minutes ago, sho said:

The way I read this, even if he's not convicted and removed from office, if a simple majority votes to impeach, he cannot be the nomination.   Not sure how true this is, even if he's not removed, he may not be eligible to run.

I'm not sure this is true. I've certainly never heard this before, and this dude is a sports reporter, so... take it with a grain of salt, I guess?

26 minutes ago, sho said:

The way I read this, even if he's not convicted and removed from office, if a simple majority votes to impeach, he cannot be the nomination.   Not sure how true this is, even if he's not removed, he may not be eligible to run.

I read it as it is possible for Trump to be the nominee, but there is no way in hell he would be able to win the election.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I read it as it is possible for Trump to be the nominee, but there is no way in hell he would be able to win the election.

If Trump is successfully impeached, he is unable to hold a Federal office going forward. That requires a super majority in the Senate (67 votes) and the House to successfully move to impeachment. 

Trump can run and be the nominee during the Impeachment proceedings, and even if a majority of Senators vote in favor of impeachment, it takes 67 votes to successfully impeach. Until Trump is successfully impeached, he can run for President if he so chooses.