The First Trump Impeachment Thread

I'm convinced he will be impeached by the House now. He should have before, based on Mueller's findings, but this makes it a slam dunk.

I'm convinced he will not be removed, Republican Senators have no dignity. Nebraskans should be ashamed of their representation. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

I'm convinced he will be impeached by the House now. He should have before, based on Mueller's findings, but this makes it a slam dunk.

I'm convinced he will not be removed, Republican Senators have no dignity. Nebraskans should be ashamed of their representation. 

I'm not so sure. I would say chances are you are right but I don't think its a sure thing they don't convict. I could see them turning their back on Trump at the last possible moment to save their own skin.

I like Sam McKewon's Husker content, but this is weak framing:

Let's actually look at all Sasse said:

Hold up: Americans don’t look to Chinese commies for the truth,” Sasse said in a written statement to The World-Herald. “If the Biden kid broke laws by selling his name to Beijing, that’s a matter for American courts, not communist tyrants running torture camps.”

Congressman Schiff is running a partisan clown show in the House — that’s his right because the Constitution doesn’t prohibit clown shows, but fortunately, in the Senate, we’re working to follow the facts one step at a time,” Sasse said.

Italicized is the only thing somewhat critical of Trump; this certainly doesn't condemn Trump asking Ukraine and China to investigate (also quid pro quo). The rest, bolded, is pushing Trump's Biden conspiracy and attacks on Schiff. Sasse has no spine.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My Mom and Dad who are older than boomers, still absolutely worship the buy.

My folks, who are older boomers I think are likely starting to split ... I'm afraid to ask to be honest, I was so upset when I found out they were supporters it was best that I not bring it up because it sincerely broke my heart.  My dad is a history buff and I just can't believe after speaking to him about his thoughts on Nixon that he won't start to see history repeating itself ... but he still sits in front of Fox or makes sure to DVR it, so I am not confident he's getting all the info.  And my mom, while smart is pretty lazy with politics and tends to follow his lead.

11 minutes ago, QMany said:

I like Sam McKewon's Husker content, but this is weak framing:

Let's actually look at all Sasse said:

Italicized is the only thing somewhat critical of Trump; this certainly doesn't condemn Trump asking Ukraine and China to investigate (also quid pro quo). The rest, bolded, is pushing Trump's Biden conspiracy and attacks on Schiff. Sasse has no spine.

I saw that from Sam as well - "Strong" was a really poor word choice.  Sasse is a slimy guy - the only thing his comments do is straddle the middle so he doesn't stand out as a traitor to Trump/GOP and that he doesn't align himself to the Dems.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

My Dad is a boomer in northeast Nebraska and absolutely hates Trump and everything he stands for.  He is not scared to talk about his beliefs at morning coffee either.  The refreshing thing is that he says many of his friends who "were" pro-Trump now also think he's a buffoon that is in over his head.  Sadly though, they still think it would be better than Warren, Sanders, or any other "communist democrat...." 

They're at least capable of admitting Trump is a complete and total dumpster fire, but they're still buying the GOP messaging about Democrats or clinging to what they used to like about the old version of the party.

These are incredibly strange times we're living in, man.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And now they're going to try to spin this as a "joke."

Never, ever, ever count on Marco Rubio for political courage. Ever.

He's an empty suit. A spineless goon. There is no limit to how far he'll bend over backwards and contort himself to excuse away even the most damning and direct evidence of misconduct by the leader of his party. If he had had a spine, it would've snapped in half a long time ago.

The saddest part is there are a seemingly endless supply of Marco Rubios out there within the GOP.

• Plus1 2