LJS: Don't Discount POB in QB Race

Mavric

But, I thought Tanner Lee was the second coming?

That's your take away from this? That Lee isn't that good? Seriously?
*Woosh*

Or you could actually offer your thoughts

It's pretty easy to parse from my original post: Lee has been the hot new thing the entire winter/spring, with multiple stories (and multiple posters) fawning over him. Now, we've got the prerequisite POB article to level whatever media "playing field" there is.

I have not seen anyone claim Lee is the second coming. ....meaning he is going to lead us to the promised land.

I have seen people say he is probably in the lead to be the starter.

There is a big difference.

Please. Obvious sarcasm aside, the general consensus is that he's going to be a successful starter in this offense based upon a year and a half's worth of film where he had no better statistics than our previous starter. The amount of brake pumping that's going to be required if he falls flat is going to be immense.

I have not seen anyone claim Lee is the second coming. ....meaning he is going to lead us to the promised land.

Please. Obvious sarcasm aside, the general consensus is that he's going to be a successful starter in this offense based upon a year and a half's worth of film where he had no better statistics than our previous starter. The amount of brake pumping that's going to be required if he falls flat is going to be immense.

how much are you going to have to pump your brakes for pushing Lee off the cliff already?

• Fire 1

*Woosh*

It's pretty easy to parse from my original post: Lee has been the hot new thing the entire winter/spring, with multiple stories (and multiple posters) fawning over him. Now, we've got the prerequisite POB article to level whatever media "playing field" there is.

So yeah, in other words you weren't really being sarcastic. Instead of reading this as "hey, there's some real depth" you read it as "Psssh, now the projected starter is getting beat out by the expected backup. Rablle rabble rabble."

how much are you going to have to pump your brakes for pushing Lee off the cliff already?

I haven't pushed him off of anything; I just haven't bought into the hype yet. Let's let him win the job and actually play in a game, shall we?

*Woosh*

So yeah, in other words you weren't really being sarcastic. Instead of reading this as "hey, there's some real depth" you read it as "Psssh, now the projected starter is getting beat out by the expected backup. Rablle rabble rabble."

Just because it went over your head doesn't mean it wasn't there.

I also don't buy that there's "real depth" at the position, either. None of them have played a meaningful snap at Nebraska.

*Woosh*

I also don't buy that there's "real depth" at the position, either. None of them have played a meaningful snap at Nebraska.

Nothing went over my head. It was the same kind of pessemistic comment regarding Lee I've seen you post several times, hence why I made my original comment.

And really? No real depth? Smfh...

*Woosh*

Nothing went over my head. It was the same kind of pessemistic comment regarding Lee I've seen you post several times, hence why I made my original comment.

And really? No real depth? Smfh...

It was really meant as tongue-in-cheek, but take it however you want it. And yea, I haven't bought into the Lee hype. A 50% completion percentage at Tulane doesn't move my needle, but I'll eat that crow if he earns the job and plays well next year.

And how many combined snaps have the top two potential QBs taken at Nebraska? How about the top 3? Can we let them actually prove that there's depth at the position?

-A Tulane transfer with playing experience and a guy who redshirted but got to learn the system for a year and a top recruited QB out of Cali

Or...

-A 4 year starter and a walk on backup and a guy we move back and forth from QB and WR

Strangely enough, I like our depth better this year than last. I get what you're saying, but I trust we are going to see a much more fluent QB regardless of who wins the job.