Tim Miles and Husker football

Patience? Excuse me, but I am kind of sick of that line. Everyone had the same idea with Bo. Just be patient. Seven years later.... it's bye bye. Same thing with Callahan. Before him ... Solich.

In order for patience to be a real thing, you need results.

Better recruits. A better plan. Better game management. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Results please. And before I am dead in the ground. That would be nice.

It may seem to you all like I am being ultra negative. I am just ultra sick and tired of being disappointed and ultra sick and tired of being lied to.

Mike Riley needs to get this program going in the right direction.

We can't afford to hire a new coach... in more ways than once since we are still paying the previous guy.

I swear to you that I want to see this work, but when you hear the same talk over and over and over again... you start to think, crap, here we go again.

I was convinced prior to last year at Ohio State that our days of getting our doors blown off in a rout where we were non-competitive were over.

That's the kind of disappointment that just makes you shake your head.

• Fire 1

Patience? Excuse me, but I am kind of sick of that line. Everyone had the same idea with Bo. Just be patient. Seven years later.... it's bye bye. Same thing with Callahan. Before him ... Solich.

It may seem to you all like I am being ultra negative. I am just ultra sick and tired of being disappointed and ultra sick and tired of being lied to.

We can't afford to hire a new coach... in more ways than once since we are still paying the previous guy.

I swear to you that I want to see this work, but when you hear the same talk over and over and over again... you start to think, crap, here we go again.

I was convinced prior to last year at Ohio State that our days of getting our doors blown off in a rout where we were non-competitive were over.

Well you can be sick of it all you want, but unfortunately if you would like to partake and enjoy the world of sports you're going to have to find a way to find some patience. Whether the coach ends up being successful or not, each person that the university hires for the head coaching position deserves to have it from administration and the fan base. A revolving door of coaches is considerably worse than having a coach around a year or two too long.

Also, I don't really know what you mean by you're being lied to? Sounds like a bad relationship. Maybe it's time to move on to a prettier team with less drama?

• Fire 3

another sport season ends without a coach getting fired. what the heck is happening around here?

As long as there's no energy vampires around Eichorst's office, we're good. :corndance

The parts in red...

Better recruiting, at least on paper, is already happening. Not only that, but Mike Riley and the rest of these coaches are finally able to address the lack of depth. I know it sucks, but with scholarship limits, we can't address the myriad of depth issues in a single year. It takes time. We'll probably need another 1-2 full recruiting classes under Riley before we see adequate depth and proper class dispersion, across the roster.

I am right there with you. I am also tired of the continual 4 losses a year. Don't get me wrong, 9 wins every year is not bad at all. But we gotta break the 4 losses a season cycle at some point.

I firmly believe Riley does have the program headed in the right direction. The biggest difference between Riley and Pelini? Better and far more consistent recruiting. Pelini while he was here, his recruiting was basically trending down. The lack of depth at QB, along the OL, DT, DE, LB was inexcusable.

I agree also about seeing the same results year after year and thinking, "...gawd, another 4 loss season, f'ing really?" The biggest difference is, at least in my mind, is that this is year 3 of Mike Riley and most of the toxic and cancerous attitudes of players from the previous staff are gone. That in and of itself is a positive that cannot be measured or quantified.

Get busy livin or get busy dyin.

MR fired weak sauce and brought in some new spice. It'll work or it won't. Glad he's a least trying to find the right pieces.

This is where I'm at as well. I've been about as critical of Riley and his staff as anyone. But - one way or another - I think we now have the kind of coaches we should have had two years ago - or at least pretty close to it. I don't like that we had to piddle away two years getting there but that's where we're at.

I'm still not totally sold but I at least feel better about our chances.

Sigh...money is not a problem at Nebraska. The athletic department has reserves of at least $100 million, plus the B1G shared revenue will be over $50 million just for next year. Could we stop with this ignorant claim that we can't afford another buy out? We absolutely could. We could have just written a check to Pelini and been done, but the prudent thing to do was make monthly payments because WHEN he found another job it would save us money.

It drives me crazy when people just make crap up to try and prove a point.

Also, you don't get to judge how much time Mike Riley gets because of your self centered lack of patience. That has to start over when a new coach is hired. Callahan's problems have no bearing. Bo's 7 years? They have nothing to do with Mike Riley's tenure. He still has to get time, that is what is so frustrating about having to start over. Your PATIENCE has to as well. If you can't understand that I don't know why you watch sports.