DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

I'll give some credit to all the runners heckling his "water station" at the Lincoln Marathon yesterday.
Please explain.
Same same. I must have missed this as well.

Nothing too exciting. But in my stretch of runners there were a lot of thumbs down or "do the right thing!" towards Sasse's direction. There was also a counter protest across the street that got a lot of applause and "thumbs up" from runners. Again, this was in the group of runners of about 100 in my vicinity. I'd guess 30-40 made a point to "protest". Again, nothing exciting, but Sasse was probably just hoping to hand out water and smile and not have to deal with it...

So....please explain why you are giving these runners "some" credit.

I was just making a comment in passing, I doubt the runners kept him awake Sunday night. But part of me likes to think that he realizes he can't just step in line with fellow party members and not expect some blow back.

I took his Tweet as saying nothing more than, "look at me, I'm not like the others!"

Here's an updated list of the people Trump has fired who have relationships to the Russia Scandal.

James Comey - Director, FBI
Fired 5/9/17

Comey had just requested greater resources to expand the investigation. Trump's excuse, which nobody believes, is that he "lost confidence" in Comey over several months, expressly because of how Comey handled the Clinton issues.

Preet Bahara - New York Federal Prosecutor
Fired 3/11/17

Bahara was a holdover from the Obama administration. He had jurisdiction over, among other things, Trump Tower. He was urged on 3/8/17, three days before his termination, to investigate foreign payments to Trump.

Michael Flynn - National Security Adviser
Fired 2/14/17

Flynn was fired after the Washington Post broke the news of his foreign ties. The firing came 18 days after the White House was briefed about Flynn being compromised by Sally Yates, the Acting Attorney General.

Sally Yates - Acting Attorney General
Fired 1/31/17

Yates was fired for questioning the legality of Trump's Muslim Ban. Her termination came four days after briefing the White House about Michael Flynn's ties to Russia.

So, four people under whose jurisdiction Trump would fall, over whom he had little influence, and who were all either looking in to Trump's Russian ties or Trump associates' Russian ties. The fifth was a man whom Trump appointed and didn't want to fire, but who was outed as a foreign agent by the press.

• Fire 4

Here's an updated list of the people Trump has fired who have relationships to the Russia Scandal.

James Comey - Director, FBI

Fired 5/9/17

Comey had just requested greater resources to expand the investigation. Trump's excuse, which nobody believes, is that he "lost confidence" in Comey over several months, expressly because of how Comey handled the Clinton issues.

Preet Bahara - New York Federal Prosecutor

Fired 3/11/17

Bahara was a holdover from the Obama administration. He had jurisdiction over, among other things, Trump Tower. He was urged on 3/8/17, three days before his termination, to investigate foreign payments to Trump.

Michael Flynn - National Security Adviser

Fired 2/14/17

Flynn was fired after the Washington Post broke the news of his foreign ties. The firing came 18 days after the White House was briefed about Flynn being compromised by Sally Yates, the Acting Attorney General.

Sally Yates - Acting Attorney General

Fired 1/31/17

Yates was fired for questioning the legality of Trump's Muslim Ban. Her termination came four days after briefing the White House about Michael Flynn's ties to Russia.

So, four people under whose jurisdiction Trump would fall, over whom he had little influence, and who were all either looking in to Trump's Russian ties or Trump associates' Russian ties. The fifth was a man whom Trump appointed and didn't want to fire, but who was outed as a foreign agent by the press.

yeah...anyone and everyone who is in a position to and willing to stand up to him is being replaced by trumps stooges.

Yes, definitely. Comey has knowledge of things that need to see the light of day. The more he's asked questions under oath the better.

Comey needs to testify and he will.

However, one heck of a lot of it will be him saying..."I can not comment on that because it is part of an investigation".

Yes, definitely. Comey has knowledge of things that need to see the light of day. The more he's asked questions under oath the better.

However, one heck of a lot of it will be him saying..."I can not comment on that because it is part of an investigation".

It's a closed door hearing, so I think he'll be able to say a whole lot more than he can in public.

It's a closed door hearing, so I think he'll be able to say a whole lot more than he can in public.

OK...last I heard we didn't know if it was going to be a closed hearing or not.

OK...last I heard we didn't know if it was going to be a closed hearing or not.

That's what I read somewhere, but someone should double check me.