DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm assuming Trump can't pardon someone before they're convicted. Right?

While it's not explicitly stated in the Constitution, it's generally accepted that they cannot. If they could, then they would in effect be waving the laws of the nation all together.

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I've been surrounded by pro-life Republicans most of my life. And I'm talking about constituents. If Trump did a power grab and made abortion illegal they would probably think it's fine. At that point it would be too late for GOP politicians to act if they wanted to. I think you fall in that category too but I'm not saying every one of them would be fine with it.

Most pro-life people allow for exceptions.  So, I don't think Trump would get away wt making all abortions illegal.  Let's face it -he has been all over the map on this issue - not too long ago he was pro-choice.  So who knows what he would do.

11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Most pro-life people allow for exceptions.  So, I don't think Trump would get away wt making all abortions illegal.  Let's face it -he has been all over the map on this issue - not too long ago he was pro-choice.  So who knows what he would do.

Trump will do what he always does - whatever knee-jerk reaction keeps him in power.

39 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I think you're misunderstanding the posts I made. I'm talking about in the event, however unlikely, Trump seizes control of the country. I think not a small number of Republicans would think that's just fine as long as he makes abortion illegal.

Innocent person? No earthly idea.

Manafort, on the other hand, would need to because he's guilty as sin.

These are not the arguments of a person who is not going to spend a very long time in prison. The beautiful catch is if Trump pardons him Manafort cannot plead the fifth, meaning he'd be forced to testify on what he knows.

• Plus1 1