DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Remember, the Manafort indictment is just a tactic.  The goal is to get him to flip on the rest, and so on and so on up the chain until they get to... wherever the top is. 

This is only just beginning.  Mueller has only been on the job for five months.  We have a long way to go - maybe enough time for the Republicans to find their spines and actually do something about this.

Do you really think they will find their spines?  I doubt it.  Probably only if they feel threatened to go down wt Trump wt the 2018 elections.  Repubs for their own sake and their own best interests would be best advised to get this thing resolved - good or bad- as soon as possible.  2018 could be a blood bath if the Dems get solid, younger candidates to run (the party has too many old people in leadership) and if the repubs can be shown as obstructing (not is a legal way as that would be illegal) or slowing down the Mueller investigation.

7 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Not to mention even if it were true (which is an "IF" the size of Russia), it's still a damning indictment on Trump's incompetence and inability to lead. 

Got that right.  The whole Don Jr episode in the Trump tower, the hiring of Manafort to begin with and also 'not knowing' about Flynn's conflicts show's Trump's incompetence very clearly.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, commando said:

yep...he is cooperating

This guy may be the John Dean of Russia gate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/george-papadopoulos-russia.html?action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=66022082&pgtype=article

Mr. Papadopoulos was quietly arrested at Washington Dulles Airport on July 27 and has since been cooperating with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, records show. Mr. Papadopoulos’s conversation in April raises more questions about a subsequent meeting in June at Trump Tower, where Mr. Trump’s eldest son and senior advisers met with Russians who were similarly promising damaging information on Mrs. Clinton.

Here's a good primer on why Hillary being tied to the Uranium One deal doesn't make sense:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/unpacking-uranium-one-hype-and-law

From the article:

I focus exclusively on the transfer and the U.S. government's approval of it. I am not, in this post, considering the evidence—such as it is—of donations to the Clinton Foundation. My reasoning is simple: if there is no "quo" to be given, the question of a "quid" is moot.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I'm one who doesn't think this guy is a major player in this.  Sure, he pled guilty to lying.  The only thing I think he could possibly play in this is if he some how some way was privy to Russia meetings.  I think there are much bigger fish in this deal that are going to start singing.

He was the intermediary (the one that we know of) that was trying to set them up.