DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Steve Miller a top White House aide was the latest to be interviewed by Mueller. In other news, WH officials say there will be no meeting between Putin and Trump today. Kremlin officials say that nothing will stop the two from having a meeting....:blink:

To clarify .... "The WH says there is no FORMAL meeting on the agenda".

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Trump's Bodyguard - said Trump turned down the offering of 5 women companions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-bodyguard-testifies-russian-offered-trump-women-was-turned-down-n819386

Really?

And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the president-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by "the head of an East European intelligence agency".

Later, I used an intermediary to pass some questions to active duty CIA officers dealing with the case file - they would not speak to me directly. I got a message back that there was "more than one tape", "audio and video", on "more than one date", in "more than one place" - in the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow and also in St Petersburg - and that the material was "of a sexual nature".

"He turned them down."

-He may have  initially, but persistence can change minds.

"We don't do that type of stuff."

-"We" may not include Trump.

"I don't know what happened after I left the door."

-I left the door to plausibly deny what was occurring or about to occur.

It's just bewildering to me that someone who has obviously worked very hard to be a success and respected in his chosen (and very disciplined) field would then risk it all for something so dumb.  Makes me wonder what else is in his background and when he started taking the wrong/easy path.

4 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

That would certainly explain his middle of the night run to the WH wouldn't it?

I was thinking the same thing.  Flynn covering his butt by having the House intel chair in on the action perhaps.  Kind of hard to investigate Flynn if that investigation has a snap shot of one's own hand in the cookie jar. 

You know, they congressmen (both parties) need to get a life outside of DC. So many get pulled by the corrupting pull of power.   People in DC and Hollywood so easily lose grasp of reality and have an overly inflated view of their worth. Setting themselves up to being above the law in both matters of political corruption and sexual abuse.

This should be interesting.    Chris Steele not backing down from his dossier reports.  Believes it to be up to 90% accurate considering his connections.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/15/christopher-steele-trump-russia-dossier-accurate

Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence officer who compiled an explosive dossier of allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, believes it to be 70% to 90% accurate, according to a new book on the covert Russian intervention in the 2016 US election.

The book, Collusion: How Russia Helped Donald Trump Win, by the Guardian journalist Luke Harding, quotes Steele as telling friends that he believes his reports – based on sources cultivated over three decades of intelligence work – will be vindicated as the US special counsel investigation digs deeper into contacts between Trump, his associates and Moscow.

“I’ve been dealing with this country for 30 years. Why would I invent this stuff?” Steele is quoted as saying.

One of the reasons his dossier was taken seriously in Washington in 2016 was Steele’s reputation in the US for producing reliable reports on Russia, according to Harding’s book.

Between 2014 and 2016, he authored more than a hundred reports on Russia and Ukraine, which were commissioned by private clients but shared widely within the state department and passed across the desks of the secretary of state, John Kerry, and the assistant secretary Victoria Nuland, who led the US response to the annexation of Crimea and the covert invasion of eastern Ukraine.

The sources for those reports were the same as those quoted in the dossier on Trump, which included allegations that the Kremlin had personally compromising material on the US president, including sex tapes recorded during a trip to Moscow in 2013, and that Trump and his associates actively colluded with Russian intelligence to influence the election in his favour.

Related:  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/07/trump-russia-steele-dossier-moscow