DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

What about the Uranium One deal has changed that we need to continue to investigate it in relation to Hillary Clinton?  This, as a Clinton Scandal, has been debunked.  It's currently only being used as a distraction by Trump/Fox/that ilk.

Did something change?  I'm not sure why we need to investigate it further. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Not to mention even if it were true (which is an "IF" the size of Russia), it's still a damning indictment on Trump's incompetence and inability to lead. 

I mean, having a senator in your own party publicly state on multiple occasion that the president sits around all day in adult daycare because he's so clueless (and no private dissent) pretty much already handled that...

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Um, guys.  This could be significant from the Papadopoulos indictment.

Reading between the lines of that "...we need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips..." tells us that Trump either has done those trips in the past, is willing to do those trips, or could be told to do those trips.  The trips are a thing that are on the table for Trump.

The Russians expect cooperation from Trump himself. 

I read that section to mean they simply wanted to hide the fact they were meeting with Russians from everyone here by sending along some unimportant goon. 

I did not take it to signal that Trump had done them in the past, but given his long history of business contacts in Russia, that theory is certainly possible.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What about the Uranium One deal has changed that we need to continue to investigate it in relation to Hillary Clinton?  This, as a Clinton Scandal, has been debunked.  It's currently only being used as a distraction by Trump/Fox/that ilk.

Did something change?  I'm not sure why we need to investigate it further. 

Trumpworld is imploding, so naturally another Clinton investigation is needed. No new information has come to light, Republicans have just suddenly found their outrage about what we already know because it is politically convenient.

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I 100% believe that Trump was elected as a giant middle finger to the Americans who elected Obama not once but twice.

Given that Obama voters who voted for Trump helped put Trump over the top in several key states, I'm not sure your belief is generally true. Certainly for some subset of Trump voters but not the majority.

The fact that smart Americans cannot adequately distinguish between the Mueller story and insert-concocted-Clinton-scandal here is a tragic testament to the power of the right in shaping and influencing. It also means that there are no happy outcomes forthcoming. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I guess if you count all the voters who voted for Romney and then voted for Trump as the "middle finger guys", then sure, but that link doesn't support your conclusion otherwise. Regardless, we can continue this discussion in another thread instead of taking up this one since your original point was more about blaming Clinton in the midst of the Mueller investigation, which I agree is a ridiculous claim to deflect blame regardless of Clinton's culpability.

Edited by RedDenver
added clarifying remarks

Trump was absolutely the middle finger vote. Romney and McCain were statesmen that were too dignified. The GOP needed the leader of the birther conspiracy to angry up the base. He represented their rage and anger perfectly. McCain politely taking the microphone away from an old woman calling Obama an Arab wasn't what they wanted. 

Just now, Fru said:

Trump was absolutely the middle finger vote. Romney and McCain were statesmen that were too dignified. The GOP needed the leader of the birther conspiracy to angry up the base. He represented their rage and anger perfectly. McCain politely taking the microphone away from an old woman calling Obama an Arab wasn't what they wanted. 

I agree that Trump was a middle finger vote but a middle finger to the establishment, not to Obama.

Watching CNN. I just heard this, verbatim, from Trump's lawyer. If I'm lying, I'm dying.

"Rabble rabble... it's not illegal to get opposition research, my goodness..."

* cut off by Wolf Blitzer - Wolf asks something so exceedingly dry I can't pay attention *

In the next breath by the lawyer:

"Rabble rabble... now you've got the Fusion GPS matter, and the DNC involvement there. Is that illegal? There are, you know, committees looking into it..."

Logical consistency is clearly not this dude's strong suit. Unreal. 

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 3

And remember, this Manafort indictment brings federal charges. But he also has problems with the state(s), which is huge.

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team is working with New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman on its investigation into Paul Manafort and his financial transactions, according to several people familiar with the matter.

The cooperation is the latest indication that the federal probe into President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman is intensifying. It also could potentially provide Mueller with additional leverage to get Manafort to cooperate in the larger investigation into Trump’s campaign, as Trump does not have pardon power over state crimes.

They had been sharing evidence and discussing the cases frequently. LINK

• Plus1 3