DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

With links to Politco and CNN, this article notes that Carter Page has taken his 5th amendment rights several times

before the House Russian committee.  He did not turn over subpoenaed docs.    All which begs the question "What is he hiding and Who is he protecting?"

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/carter-page-russia-investigation-documents/2017/11/02/id/823808/

Ex-Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page on Thursday didn't hand over documents House Russia investigators had subpoenaed, invoking his Fifth Amendment rights, Politico reported.

"I'm helping to the greatest extent I can," Page told reporters after exiting his closed-door interview with the House Intelligence Committee, which is looking into Russian interference in the 2016 election, Politico reported.

2 hours ago, QMany said:

So it begins, Republicans attack on Mueller in defense of Trump.

Giving cover for Trump. You know what it would look like for Trump to 'fire' the special counsel. It would look like the Nixon Sat Night Massacre all over again.  So let your buddies in Congress do the dirty work for you. 

More shoes are about to drop and instead of congress looking deeper into the Trump issues they are now wanting to protect him.  You know I'm not a Bill Clinton fan (as a person but in the end his term is more preferable than the last 3 including trump's thus far), however, Clinton was impeached for a crime of perjury. The perjury was the result of his sleaziness but not as a result of him selling out his country.  Therefore, any republican that was all in on impeaching Clinton for his lessor crime, loses all credibility if they don't take the Russian investigation to its complete conclusions - guilty or not.  I hear Trump supporters say that the special counsel was selected not because there was a crime that needed to be investigated but in order to find a crime (make one up if possible and string together enough 'evidence' to make it stick) to prosecute.  However that doesn't meet the smell, taste, or eye test.  The recent actions by the admin and their supporters are proving that there is more than smoke here and that Mueller is getting close to the fire.

Edited by TGHusker
  • Plus1 2

Hmmmm.

Trump:

WaPo:

Who ya gonna believe?

“I think the American public can fully appreciate that those are isolated, obviously disconnected events, quite small in number for a presidential campaign,” said Ty Cobb, a White House lawyer. “Nothing about the actual facts published to date suggests that the president while he was a candidate ever met a Russian, ever spoke to a Russian, or colluded with anybody.”

Experts who have studied Russian tactics see something different: a picture emerging of a concerted and multifaceted Kremlin effort to infiltrate Trump’s campaign.

“You’ve got some consistency here in terms of the Russian tradecraft . . . The general pattern of Russians appearing to try to find soft spots, to find the soft underbelly of the campaign to make contact,” said Steve Hall, who retired from the CIA in 2015 after 30 years running and managing Russia operations. “I just think there’s way too much smoke out there for there to be absolutely no fire.”

Also, didn't this happen last time Trump left the country? Didn't news outlets start dumping damaging news left and right?

• Plus1 3

Couple things.

It appears Don Jr. was not super forthright about what went down in his meeting with the Russians. Again.

He appears to share a common trait with his father. HIs phrasing here is very similar to how Donald "suggested" Comey let go of the Flynn investigation. It appears they both think they can shift their words around a bit so they come out funny (with the intent still glaringly clear) so they can have plausible deniability later and claim they're completely in the clear. I call BS, and I sure hope Mueller does as well.

Also, Carter Page may be the single most unintelligent person involved in the Trump campaign. Remember how he claimed he never met with Russians? And then he did but nothing happened. Well, they release the transcripts of his closed-door meeting with the House Intel Committee last week... 6 hours long without a lawyer (!) getting grilled.

But, alas, if nothing happened when he met with them, then why this?