Post-Spring B1G Power Rankings

Basically right where everyone was pre-spring. Imagine that.

6. Nebraska: Former Tulane transfer Tanner Lee won Nebraska’s quarterback competition this spring. That’s one question settled for the Huskers. In order to compete for a West Division title in Mike Riley’s third season, they’ll have to figure out the pecking order for who will be catching Lee’s passes and settle quickly into a new defensive scheme under coordinator Bob Diaco.

ESPN

• Fire 1

Don't want anything handed to us but NW at 5? I just don't see it personally.

They put a lot of emphasis on a returning QB, even if he is Clayton Thorson. I am actually fine with these predictions. I have no problem with being a little under the radar. I think there is a lot of unknows in the B1G this year.

OSU will be good.

Everyone loves PSU, but i really want to see them do it again before I annoint them as being back. I want to see them go 10-2 again. They had a great year last year, but was it real progress or just a magical year? I was watching a rerun of the PSU/Wisconsin championship game a while ago. Wisconsin was up 28-7 and let PSU back in the game. A lot of passes were thrown up for grabs and they fell into PSU players hands. Wisconsin got consevative and let them back in the game.

Michigan lost a ton, they only return 3 or 4 starters. That is going to hurt. I think they lose at least 3 games.

Wisconsin will be good, but I don't think they will be better than last year. They should be about the same. A very solid team.

I really think Nebraska is the wild card. They really don't know what Nebraska is going to be.

• Fire 4

Don't want anything handed to us but NW at 5? I just don't see it personally.

They put a lot of emphasis on a returning QB, even if he is Clayton Thorson. I am actually fine with these predictions. I have no problem with being a little under the radar. I think there is a lot of unknows in the B1G this year.

OSU will be good.

Everyone loves PSU, but i really want to see them do it again before I annoint them as being back. I want to see them go 10-2 again. They had a great year last year, but was it real progress or just a magical year? I was watching a rerun of the PSU/Wisconsin championship game a while ago. Wisconsin was up 28-7 and let PSU back in the game. A lot of passes were thrown up for grabs and they fell into PSU players hands. Wisconsin got consevative and let them back in the game.

Michigan lost a ton, they only return 3 or 4 starters. That is going to hurt. I think they lose at least 3 games.

Wisconsin will be good, but I don't think they will be better than last year. They should be about the same. A very solid team.

I really think Nebraska is the wild card. They really don't know what Nebraska is going to be.

Agree with this assessment. Nebraska is a really tough team to judge going into the fall. Better talent then the rest of the west (per usual) but finally some players that better fit the Langsdorf system and some new coach's that have been fabulous thus far if you ask me. What will all of this shakeup equate to? 2017 Huskers are going to look alot different than Husker teams of recent past. All of the fan favorites from the Pelini era are now mostly gone. Gerry, Banderas, Westy and Armstrong were such a big part of the team for so long that this new Husker squad appears a bit foreign

Yeah, we should definitely be above Northwestern. But the worst ranking they have is for Michigan State. #11? Really?? Sparty should be four or five spots higher. They're getting penalized for having a crappy year last year. They had a bunch of people out with injuries last season. They shouldn't be ranked any lower than #6 or #7. /imho

• Fire 2

Michigan has like 1 returning starter on defense and maybe a few on offense so they basically lost almost everyone. It will be an almost entirely new team for them in terms of starters so that should be interesting. Also does Michigan State repeat another horrendous year? Crazy how they have struggled after some pretty good years.

Yeah, we should definitely be above Northwestern. But the worst ranking they have is for Michigan State. #11? Really?? Sparty should be four or five spots higher. They're getting penalized for having a crappy year last year. They had a bunch of people out with injuries last season. They shouldn't be ranked any lower than #6 or #7. /imho

I get what you are saying but sparty lived off a great D.C. And back to back NFL QBS. That is all gone and I think they will be lucky to win 8 or 9 games on a consistent basis.