Texas Republicans

What I am witnessing is evidence of what really is wrong with American politics.

Instead of disagreeing with people on issues, accusations of deep seeded evil fly around in accusations of the other side. Instead of trying to see the issues from the other side and try to understand them in a way that compromise can happen and reasonable bills can be passed, people sit back and dehumanize the other side in a way that is not reality.

As we all know, the counter attitude of this is the attitude that all liberals hate everything good in America and are communists hell bent on destroying America.

• Fire 4

Yup. And MC, I completely understand why you feel these suspicions towards the Republican Party and their supporters. I just can't quite endorse the reaction. I mean, you can see from my earlier post how I basically feel about the GOP. Our opinions are actually quite similar. It's in this need to condemn where we diverge.

It's like a caricature. It's hard to take seriously.

This^

The ridiculous caricature of a whole group of people is blatant stereotyping, which is hypocritically what CM claims that group is primarily guilty of.

I'm starting to wonder if CM is just trolling now.

MC - you still haven't told me why, using your logic, we shouldn't assume all Hispanic Democrats are kidnappers and rapists.

Also, all gay men are serial rapists who eat their victims.

Well Jeffrey Dahmer...

On a serious note: still waiting for SOMEONE to take up my challenge.

#crickets

You do this with every one of your tangents. Nobody is taking up your challenge because it's not relevant. Nobody so far is questioning the negative things you're saying about the GOP. We're telling you that you're completely wrong to generalize.

On a serious note: You continue to ignore the evidence showing how ridiculously stupid it is to do so.

The other weird thing is these challenges you issue shouldn't be what makes you change your mind. Your previous challenge was asking whether a non-Republican had ever done X,Y and Z. I told you about a Democrat who kidnapped and raped 3 girls for over 10 years, which was far worse than XYZ, and you ignored it and continued "challenging" people to come up with XYZ.

What's even weirder is the people telling you this stuff share similar views with you. If we're all telling you this, maybe you should take it to heart.

MC - you still haven't told me why, using your logic, we shouldn't assume all Hispanic Democrats are kidnappers and rapists.

Also, all gay men are serial rapists who eat their victims.

Well Jeffrey Dahmer...

#crickets

You do this with every one of your tangents. Nobody is taking up your challenge because it's not relevant. Nobody so far is questioning the negative things you're saying about the GOP. We're telling you that you're completely wrong to generalize.

On a serious note: You continue to ignore the evidence showing how ridiculously stupid it is to do so.

The other weird thing is these challenges you issue shouldn't be what makes you change your mind. Your previous challenge was asking whether a non-Republican had ever done X,Y and Z. I told you about a Democrat who kidnapped and raped 3 girls for over 10 years, which was far worse than XYZ, and you ignored it and continued "challenging" people to come up with XYZ.

I don't consider my reactions or statements, to the legislation that republicans are advancing, to take away my rights as stupid. And I don't see rank and file republicans standing up and saying "This is wrong." They're all just going along with it. Why? Because white racism, hatred of anyone not white, hetero, and christian is "normal." I know, I live in one of the "reddest" states in the nation and I see this type of attitude every day.

It's always an interesting study when I get told, "I'm over re-acting" by white, hetero people who are absolutely not affected by any of this hateful legislation.

Maybe if you're life, civil liberties, and freedom were being threatened on a daily basis, you'd be more militant. Naw, you'd have the same #Let'sBeReasonable attitude.

I've been told on here that I'm closed-minded, but it's easy as sin to rationalize being a Republican (just not one that blindly supports Trump). There are Republicans out there who aren't racist or sexist or homophobic, but see abortion as baby-murdering. For those people there is really only one option because nothing could possibly be worse than that.

When you generalize you're guilty of the same thing as racists, sexists, homophobes, and the non-insignificant proportion of Republicans that you're talking about.

This conversation should have been as easy as answering whether gay guys are all rapists who eat people.

• Fire 2

Oh my...you are so 100% right!

What was I thinking? I was, and am, totally wrong.

Republicans, in no way, are trying to take away poor people's health care. Further, they're absolutely not stripping away environmental or employee safety protections.

Also, Republicans are the toughest advocates for people who are gay/trans, non-white, non-Christian, and they fight so hard to keep our Constitutional rights!

#WhatWasIThinking?

#RepublicansCare

#EveryGroupIsWorseThanRepublicans

P.S. I'll stop over-re-acting now since clearly everything I've said has been proven demonstrably false.

:lol:

Republicans, in no way, are trying to take away poor people's health care. Further, they're absolutely not stripping away environmental or employee safety protections.

Also, Republicans are the toughest advocates for people who are gay/trans, non-white, non-Christian, and they fight so hard to keep our Constitutional rights!

#WhatWasIThinking?

#RepublicansCare

P.S. I'll stop over-re-acting now since clearly everything I've said has been proven demonstrably false.

Probably the most illogical, backwards, "doesn't get it" post I've ever seen here, and that's saying a lot.

It's as if every post you saw in this topic went so far over your head you didn't even read them.

#WhatWasIThinking?

#RepublicansCare

Try to find some gray areas in your black-and-white worldview.

#WhatWasIThinking?

#RepublicansCare

Except that's not what you said that people are pushing back against. Here's your claim: "Republicans a bunch of racist, homophobic, xenophobic bigots"

If you would have instead said, "Republicans are trying to take away poor people's health care. Further, they're absolutely stripping away environmental and employee safety protections. Also, Republicans are not advocating for people who are gay/trans, non-white, non-Christian," you'd at least have started a conversation.

I've been told on here that I'm closed-minded, but it's easy as sin to rationalize being a Republican (just not one that blindly supports Trump). There are Republicans out there who aren't racist or sexist or homophobic, but see abortion as baby-murdering. For those people there is really only one option because nothing could possibly be worse than that.

When you generalize you're guilty of the same thing as racists, sexists, homophobes, and the non-insignificant proportion of Republicans that you're talking about.

This conversation should have been as easy as answering whether gay guys are all rapists who eat people.

Well said :)

Sincerely, a Texas Republican

• Fire 1

I know I catch flack for what I say about republicans, but just because I'm voicing an opinion that you don't agree with, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

I'm willing to change my views. I just want evidence of some other group of people doing the things white republican men are currently doing.

No, but it's clear you don't think you can be proven wrong, thus you created a ridiculous litmus test for finding something comparably bad to your view of Republicans. That's unfair, MC.

You belittle yourself by taking this approach, MC. You're behaving no better than the ultra-conservative Republicans who bash Democrats at every turn.

Where have you ever seen evidence that this is an effective way to approach political issues?

Those of you criticizing me within this thread...okay...fine. This is the internet after all.

I would love to put a post or thread forth which expands significantly on how I have the views I do. But I'm also acutely aware that revealing such information will also open me up to a lot of other insults, jokes, and trolling.

Therefore, I exercise my (still Constitutionally protected) 5th Amendment rights.

So hate on me, criticize me, call me a "caricature" all you want.

If it makes all the "good liberals" feel better about themselves, that they can pat themselves on the back for being so "fair-minded" about an enemy that seeks to destroy, completely silence, and eliminate them.