** 2017 Opponent Previews: Oregon (Game 2) **

2 hours ago, GoDucks349 said:

Let's see.... Hum??? ND is nice easy short drive from Lincoln. Eugene is about three times further. Let's see.... Hum ND has a lot more seats to sell. I don't know how many people you took to ND, but let's say you got 20000 into ND and that's around 20%. Given that Eugene is three times further and lets say that distance reduces the number of fans by two thirds. Twenty percent reduced by two thirds is around 7% given Autzen's small size 7% of 54000 is just under 4000. I've suggested that perhaps if Neb fans are creative especially given Oregon coming off a bad season and a coaching change that perhaps Neb would get maybe 7000 into Autzen. Anyway all I'm saying is I'll be very surprised if Nebraska gets anything close 20000 in Autzen. And NO Fresno State isn't comparable to the Univ of Oregon.

cbk_100918_nebraska_at_washington_72.jpg

CUWZUZISCPZXHUO.20100919022120.JPG

Koz-20100924060244.jpg

NU_UCLA_Rose_Bowl.jpg

ODk3NDc4OUY0N0M2QUY3OUJCREE6YWVhYTBkM2Iw

Rose_Bowl.jpg

I guess we'll see, but all of your "distance" talk shows a lot of ignorance about Nebraska's fanbase. If you want to argue that Oregon fans won't sell their tickets, that's an okay argument to make. Or you could even argue that maybe Nebraska's fans aren't as excited about their team as they were then. But nothing else you said matters at all.

Also, keep in mind Nebraska hasn't played in Oregon since 1952, as far as I could see. That makes it even more likely that Nebraska fans will travel there. "Once in a lifetime" experience, etc.

California on the other hand is basically like our 2nd home at this point with how many Holiday bowls we've played in. We don't get to Washington much but at least it had been < 20 years before our game there in 2010.

Finally, speaking of Fresno... it would not be surprising if more fans went to the Oregon game than the Fresno State game, because Oregon is a much bigger and more important program than Fresno State.

• Plus1 5

2 hours ago, GoDucks349 said:

Let's see.... Hum??? ND is nice easy short drive from Lincoln. Eugene is about three times further. Let's see.... Hum ND has a lot more seats to sell. I don't know how many people you took to ND, but let's say you got 20000 into ND and that's around 20%. Given that Eugene is three times further and lets say that distance reduces the number of fans by two thirds. Twenty percent reduced by two thirds is around 7% given Autzen's small size 7% of 54000 is just under 4000. I've suggested that perhaps if Neb fans are creative especially given Oregon coming off a bad season and a coaching change that perhaps Neb would get maybe 7000 into Autzen. Anyway all I'm saying is I'll be very surprised if Nebraska gets anything close 20000 in Autzen. And NO Fresno State isn't comparable to the Univ of Oregon.

Some arbitrary f&#39;ing numbers you got there, my man. Hope we have 15-20k and we can hear the GBR chants on TV. 

• Plus1 3

Last I heard between Northern Californians for Nebraska, Californians for Nebraska, Bay Area Huskers, and the San Diego Alumni Chapter there are over 100k right there.  That doesn't count Oregonians for Nebraska and Washington Cornhuskers.

Nobody has to travel as far as GoDucks thinks to get 20,000 Husker fans in Eugene.  The issue for him is, our fans from Nebraska will also travel.  The fan base for Nebraska is one of the largest and most dedicated  in the nation.

11 hours ago, GoDucks349 said:

You just dont get it. For every example you try to critique, we can list 10 more. Big stadiums, little stadiums. Marquee programs, also rans. Coast to coast. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It simply shouldn't happen.

19 hours ago, brophog said:

Nebraska did it at Notre Dame, of all places.

It's absolutely uncanny how such a small state has a fan base that does this from coast to coast.

More special than uncanny. We give a s*** about our school and state...sometimes a little too much. :)