The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

16 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

No, I was saying that Dems in the primary think he's the best candidate.  I don't give two squirts of piss if anyone of the democratic candidates that ran in the primar are better because the primary is over and we have our candidate.

People being polled during the primaries gave all candidates about the same lead on Trump and that's the data point that matters...versus Trump. 

So the only evidence we have that he's the best candidate is people arguing that he was voted for more by Dems in the primary.  Independent voters are the ones who usually decide elections...and that segment of voters grew in size from 6% of registered voters in 2000 to 28% in the mid term 2018 election.

So once again, Dems think he's the best candidate...but we can't prove that he actually is using the data points we have...specifically with independents who are the kingmakers of elections.

got it.  you are dedhoarse

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not really.  If he's innocent, he could have investigators who have clearance access to his records to search through and give him the all green light if nothing is found.

If he's guilty, he'll not want the records searched because he knows something in there can incriminate him.

Bottom line is, people who are innocent will make sure to find a way to prove that they are.  If this were me, I'd bend over backwards to get investigators over to my records and I'd let them go to town to search for whatever they needed to clear my name.

His reluctance is...problematic.

If this is true, a google type search of her records is not possible.  

5 hours ago, Ulty said:

This article provides more info from the U of Delaware about those records and why they cannot make them available: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/politics/biden-senate-papers/index.html

It doesn't seem like a name search would even be possible. This is 1850 boxes of uncurated documents that Biden himself gifted to the university. It's not Google. Reade herself just tweeted that the complaint didn't even mention assault. And personnel files would be kept elsewhere. 

So....if Mika is asking for something that's not possible....how is it an indictment of him for not calling for it to be done?

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

“I am requesting that the Secretary of the Senate ask the Archives to identify any record of the complaint she alleges she filed and make available to the press any such document. If there was ever any such complaint, the record will be there," Biden said.

That means Biden already knows 'the documents' say nothing and he wants to throw this up at a strawman.  

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

No, I was saying that Dems in the primary think he's the best candidate.  I don't give two squirts of piss if anyone of the democratic candidates that ran in the primar are better because the primary is over and we have our candidate.

People being polled during the primaries gave all candidates about the same lead on Trump and that's the data point that matters...versus Trump. 

So the only evidence we have that he's the best candidate is people arguing that he was voted for more by Dems in the primary.  Independent voters are the ones who usually decide elections...and that segment of voters grew in size from 6% of registered voters in 2000 to 28% in the mid term 2018 election.

So once again, Dems think he's the best candidate...but we can't prove that he actually is using the data points we have...specifically with independents who are the kingmakers of elections.

The Ds didn't mention this at all during the campaign, hard to think they didn't know anything at all.  Add that to the pre-super Tuesday dive and you may be right.  The 'primary' was just a superficial exercise to ensure that Biden would be a viable candidate to challenge Trump. 

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That means Biden already knows 'the documents' say nothing and he wants to throw this up at a strawman.  

It's not a strawman - it's evidence. You can decide how convincing that evidence is and draw whatever conclusion you want from that evidence. But when one person claims they filed a complaint and another claims no complaints were filed, then finding or not finding the complaint supports one of those claims and opposes the other.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

It's not a strawman - it's evidence. You can decide how convincing that evidence is and draw whatever conclusion you want from that evidence. But when one person claims they filed a complaint and another claims no complaints were filed, then finding or not finding the complaint supports one of those claims and opposes the other.

Here's evidence that Biden knows what's in the files, or what is no longer there.

Business Insider added, “Andrea Boyle Tippett, a spokeswoman for the University of Delaware, confirmed to Insider that individuals from the campaign have accessed the collection since Biden announced his presidential campaign in the spring of 2019.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-sent-operatives-to-university-to-go-through-his-records-refuses-to-release-them

I know we like to claim that all these politicians are idiots...but Biden knows exactly what is on those files.  

s#!t, at your own company you are probably friends with people that can get you or do get you info...now imagine how connected Joe is.

This will be like Geraldo opening Capone's safe...only Joe already knows it is empty.  It is a smart move by him.

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

So he'd know that this complaint is not in those files, correct?

Probably.  Smaller chance there's some personnel file with vague language.

It smacks of a strawman.  Of the many reasons not to believe Professor Ford, her failure to file a police report barely makes the footnotes.

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

So he'd know that this complaint is not in those files, correct?

Note that Biden has encouraged people to review the records in the National Archive but was against opening up the University of Delaware files. If his campaign has gone through those files already, then why not open them up for investigative journalists?

10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Note that Biden has encouraged people to review the records in the National Archive but was against opening up the University of Delaware files. If his campaign has gone through those files already, then why not open them up for investigative journalists?

Because if any of these journalists had ties to Fox or other publications on the right, then...well do I need to explain?

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Hot off the press on 5/1....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/second-biden-misconduct-allegation-emerges

Actually, it's the 10th he's had....I'm sure it's not a pattern.

Reading the article it is clear that the girl, 14 at the time, doesn't seem to remember what the exact  barometric pressure reading was for that day in Delaware.  Clearly her story has holes in it.

11 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Hold up. So far we have one vague quote to Business Insider stating that people have accessed the collection. We don't know what they specifically accessed, when or why. This from a story from Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire, no less.

Let's think about this logically. If I'm Biden, I'm not donating a complaint about sexual assault to a university for public consumption.

He doesn't want to open them up to investigative journalists because they don't give a crap about his campaign and if they leak some other stuff along the way Trump will use it against him. It's just politics.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

Hold up. So far we have one vague quote to Business Insider stating that people have accessed the collection. We don't know what they specifically accessed, when or why. This from a story from Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire, no less.

Let's think about this logically. If I'm Biden, I'm not donating a complaint about sexual assault to a university for public consumption.

He doesn't want to open them up to investigative journalists because they don't give a crap about his campaign and if they leak some other stuff along the way Trump will use it against him. It's just politics.

Yeah, I agree...You don't want to give ammo to your opponent.  No matter what it may be.