The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

The bolded part is simply your opinion. I agree with you, but it doesn't mean we're right. Trumpism could be far less damaging in the long run if it ends with Donald Trump after 8 years, but Biden ends up being the brief interlude before a far more competent version of Trump happens along.

This. Trump paved the way. Trump made the blueprint for someone far worse and much smarter to gain control. The democrats are the worst and weakest opposition party ever and Trump is exposing it.  Trump is just the tip of the iceberg if Biden is the nominee and nothing changes. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

yes, I saw a list of potential  Biden appointees and it gives me some assurances that they are competent and will be put in positions to further the cause of the dept/agency they might lead versus trying to shut down that agency or fight against its mission.  If Senator Harris isn't his VP pick (which I think she should be - I like Amy K but I think Sen Harris would be better to step into the role of President if needed) she should be the AG. 

I'm not sure how many 'acting' secretaries we have right now but that strikes at the core of leadership or the lack thereof. 

We could go back to the Trump Cabinet thread and see all of the problems.  We have some competent people who are heading the wrong dept - like Ben Carson - why is he leading HUD and not the Surgeon General for example.  Rick Perry over energy - give me a break.  DeVoss over Education and the all time worse - Oklahoma's own Scott Pruitt over the EPA.  Of course we have Pence over the virus task force.   Trump is on his 4th Chief of staff - that says enough. 

You do realize Jamie Dimon and other bankers Biden floated as his treasury secretary were the people who helped cause the global recession and housing market crisis in 2008, correct?

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

You do realize Jamie Dimon and other bankers Biden floated as his treasury secretary were the people who helped cause the global recession and housing market crisis in 2008, correct?

Sorry, but a treasury secretary should be a banker. 

That doesn’t mean they should be the sole person who sets banking regulation or monetary policy. 

What, are you going to put AOC in charge of it?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sorry, but a treasury secretary should be a banker. 

That doesn’t mean they should be the sole person who sets banking regulation or monetary policy. 

Maybe a banker that doesnt have a history of engaging in illegal activity and crashing the global economy would be a start. 

I feel like thats the bare minimum when picking a competent cabinet. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Nope. Stop trying to humanize the bad folk who get Trump elected and have the blood of his atrocities on their hands.

Yes, because the hallmark of a person who would get Trump reelected is that they are reasonable and swayable by logic.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yes, because the hallmark of a person who would get Trump reelected is that they are reasonable and swayable by logic.

I think you're defeating your own opinion. I know lots of reasonable, sharp people who are choosing not to be forced to vote for Biden. I'm sure you do too. They aren't complicit in "not voting for the Dem is the same as voting for Trump".

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

I think you're defeating your own opinion. I know lots of reasonable, sharp people who are choosing not to be forced to vote for Biden. I'm sure you do too. They aren't complicit in "not voting for the Dem is the same as voting for Trump".

You're welcome to think that, and you're welcome to congratulate yourself for voting your conscience when Trump gets reelected.

And all those people he's going to continue to harm, they won't be your fault, because you voted your conscience.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Absolutely

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ocasio-cortez-resume/

Here is the reality: Ocasio-Cortez truly graduated cum laude from Boston University in 2011. In an article about distinguished alumni, the university wrote that “Ocasio-Cortez graduated from Boston University in 2011 with a BA in International Relations and Economics.”

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's ok though...because both Democrats and Republicans now belong to ONE PARTY.

THE BUSINESS PARTY.

Where business and rich people's interests are put above those of everyone else.  The poor stay that way...sick, uneducated, and unable to make a living...and everyone else lines their pockets.

I will say this though...Bernie is winning 80-90% of the younger vote...and that's a powerful thing to win...his ideas are young ideas and they will become a sweeping force in just 10 years.  Politics are in for a DRASTIC shift soon.

If this movement is sustainable and not just the product of one man's charisma, another candidate will emerge for people to get behind in 2024. I think there's a much higher chance of electing that person than Bernie, just like there's a much higher chance of electing Biden than Hillary - one is simply more likable than the other.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Seriously?

no

Not super serious. She has the education, she lacks experience. Her impact on America/Americans isn't defined yet, so no, she shouldn't be in that position without proper vetting.

But it'd be funny as a sitcom to watch the bankers' heads explode. Maybe SNL will do a skit.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not super serious. She has the education, she lacks experience. Her impact on America/Americans isn't defined yet, so no, she shouldn't be in that position without proper vetting.

But it'd be funny as a sitcom to watch the bankers' heads explode. Maybe SNL will do a skit.

Exactly...look, I actually like AOC because she says some things that need said. 

But no.