The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

21 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Biden is more than just "not the solution". He is the system. Voting for Biden is perpetuating the system. And that's probably fine as an immediate emergency. Or maybe it's not, and the system will always conveniently have a short-term crisis that doesn't allow us to think big picture but instead keep working as the gears in its machinations. 

Pardon me if I'm needing a break from a President who wants to tear the "system" apart.  I need some normalcy.  Biden isn't perfect.  But, I see him as a calming influence that can hopefully get us back to an era of at least reasonableness.  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

They just need to put competent people in the positions Trump's been trying to screw with.

It's such a mess up there right now. Whoever wins is going to spend so much time just rebuilding what Trump wrecked.

yes, I saw a list of potential  Biden appointees and it gives me some assurances that they are competent and will be put in positions to further the cause of the dept/agency they might lead versus trying to shut down that agency or fight against its mission.  If Senator Harris isn't his VP pick (which I think she should be - I like Amy K but I think Sen Harris would be better to step into the role of President if needed) she should be the AG. 

I'm not sure how many 'acting' secretaries we have right now but that strikes at the core of leadership or the lack thereof. 

We could go back to the Trump Cabinet thread and see all of the problems.  We have some competent people who are heading the wrong dept - like Ben Carson - why is he leading HUD and not the Surgeon General for example.  Rick Perry over energy - give me a break.  DeVoss over Education and the all time worse - Oklahoma's own Scott Pruitt over the EPA.  Of course we have Pence over the virus task force.   Trump is on his 4th Chief of staff - that says enough. 

Just fixing nonsense like this - which is authoritarian at worst and at best just lazy and incompetent - is going to take the new president months and months.

I mean... this is a regular, mundane function of government - to be accountable to the people. And they won't even do that.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This is a fantasy scenario that relies on an incredible amount of things that should not be relied upon but ok. 

I agree. I'm trying to say that there are other opinions out there, and the goal should to understand their opinion in order to debate and convince rather than ridicule or ignore.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I agree. I'm trying to say that there are other opinions out there, and the goal should to understand their opinion in order to debate and convince rather than ridicule or ignore.

Nope. Stop trying to humanize the bad folk who get Trump elected and have the blood of his atrocities on their hands.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Question for my huskerboarders here. Alot of talk about Sanders needing to drop out and he is promoting division by staying in. Would Biden drop out at this point if the roles were reversed? 

If he called me, I would advise him to.  Yes. 

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Question for my huskerboarders here. Alot of talk about Sanders needing to drop out and he is promoting division by staying in. Would Biden drop out at this point if the roles were reversed? 

He did...they just didn't let him!  Ha

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

If he called me, I would advise him to.  Yes. 

You would advise him to but what do you think he and his campaign would do? Imo if the roles were reversed the story would be Biden still has a chance and he would definitely stay in at least through next Tuesday. I have a very hard time believing Dems would just give it to Bernie at this point if Biden was still in play mathematically 

26 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You would advise him to but what do you think he and his campaign would do? Imo if the roles were reversed the story would be Biden still has a chance and he would definitely stay in at least through next Tuesday. I have a very hard time believing Dems would just give it to Bernie at this point if Biden was still in play mathematically 

You’re probably right. I think the sooner they unite against Trump, the better. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Decoy73 said:

You’re probably right. I think the sooner they unite against Trump, the better. 

I somewhat agree but I don't think it will make that big of a difference. As long as Bernie ultimately falls in line it will be fine. I think if he loses big next week and doesn't drop out my opinion would change a bit

38 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The same people would be for keeping in the race any and every candidate under the sun that could hurt Bernie, and in fact were saying exactly that before Biden had the huge turnaround. Bernie should ignore those people and take his delegates to the convention to get concessions from Biden.

And Biden is sowing more division as we speak:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The same people would be for keeping in the race any and every candidate under the sun that could hurt Bernie, and in fact were saying exactly that before Biden had the huge turnaround. Bernie should ignore those people and take his delegates to the convention to get concessions from Biden.

And Biden is sowing more division as we speak:

I'm a little less hardline about Sanders staying in until the end but I agree with this pretty strongly. I don't really see how staying in helps Trump unless he were to go 3rd party. As long as he endorses Biden in the end there is no damage done imo 

• Plus1 1