The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Like Silver says, it's way early to make any definitive statements about down-ballot races, but if this holds up, it'll be interesting to see how long Republicans are content to play lap-dog to Trump.

He costs them the Senate on top of the House & the presidency, that's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

But that's what happens (maybe) when you sell your soul to the devil.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

We're just coming out of a national tantrum right about now.  Nobody is lining up to support the status quo.  Even many Rs did not vote to see their leaders kneel before BLM, so it's no wonder they aren't responding to calls for support. 

Imagine comparing the modern Civil Rights movement to a "national tantrum". 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Imagine comparing the modern Civil Rights movement to a "national tantrum". 

Imagine the shoe on the other foot.  Maybe you cannot, the New York Times just admitted that will stop [pretending to] do it. But never fear, I'll do it for you.

- We're in a city that has been run by Rs since long before you were born.  Of course for that to be true it has to be a semi-rural county.

- A police officer is arrested and held down by gang of civilians.  He later dies of his injuries People immediately assume he was targeted because he was white and won't admit the gang was multi-racial.

- CNN guy beats expectation and decries the senseless  violence and says the gang used inappropriate force that was captured on video.  The video is edited to remove what the cop was doing that catalyzed actions. 

- Protest against "gang violence" sweep the nation.  Community Organizers in South Chicago kneel before the local police and chant BLUE LIVES MATTER.  

- However the Red Staters ignore all signs of solidarity and protest sweeps through the farmland.  What starts as a March for Law&Order down old country soon boils over as mobs of late middle aged white men in plaid begin looting crops and shovels.  Social media lights up with the image of a burning John Deere tractor; that isn't even in the same state where the incident took place.

- Unknown Political Red Ants stampede to get in the news and call for the defunding of welfare and Medicaid.  "We DEMAND of the money wasted on poor kids go to real change; a Farm Bill!" - said a the board of the Kearney Chamber of Commerce.   Sean Hannity politely asks if he's been taking drugs.

- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts orders all symbols and references to John F Kennedy taken down and hid in a museum.  "We see now that he is a symbol of Anarchy, Fraud, and Rioting that offends millions of police officers worldwide" says Deval Patrick suddenly tied with Biden despite dropping out of the race. 

- OF course the poll anamoly is attributed to an old interview on Don Imus in the Morning where the then Delaware Senator declared "IF you have trouble telling the difference between Governor Clinton and the man who wrote the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act aka the Biden Crime Bill, well you ain't white. 

It's okay  if your answer  is "No I can't"  I had trouble imagining it myself. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
18 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Imagine the shoe on the other foot.  Maybe you cannot, the New York Times just admitted that will stop [pretending to] do it. But never fear, I'll do it for you.

- We're in a city that has been run by Rs since long before you were born.  Of course for that to be true it has to be a semi-rural county.

- A police officer is arrested and held down by gang of civilians.  He later dies of his injuries People immediately assume he was targeted because he was white and won't admit the gang was multi-racial.

- CNN guy beats expectation and decries the senseless  violence and says the gang used inappropriate force that was captured on video.  The video is edited to remove what the cop was doing that catalyzed actions. 

- Protest against "gang violence" sweep the nation.  Community Organizers in South Chicago kneel before the local police and chant BLUE LIVES MATTER.  

- However the Red Staters ignore all signs of solidarity and protest sweeps through the farmland.  What starts as a March for Law&Order down old country soon boils over as mobs of late middle aged white men in plaid begin looting crops and shovels.  Social media lights up with the image of a burning John Deere tractor; that isn't even in the same state where the incident took place.

- Unknown Political Red Ants stampede to get in the news and call for the defunding of welfare and Medicaid.  "We DEMAND of the money wasted on poor kids go to real change; a Farm Bill!" - said a the board of the Kearney Chamber of Commerce.   Sean Hannity politely asks if he's been taking drugs.

- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts orders all symbols and references to John F Kennedy taken down and hid in a museum.  "We see now that he is a symbol of Anarchy, Fraud, and Rioting that offends millions of police officers worldwide" says Deval Patrick suddenly tied with Biden despite dropping out of the race. 

- OF course the poll anamoly is attributed to an old interview on Don Imus in the Morning where the then Delaware Senator declared "IF you have trouble telling the difference between Governor Clinton and the man who wrote the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act aka the Biden Crime Bill, well you ain't white. 

That's lovely fiction. Maybe if gangs of civilians had been:

- murdering the police for years

- investigating themselves and finding no wrong doing

- steadily equipped with military hardware

- using their union to lobby against any and all changes in regulating them or even giving transparency

Then maybe your ridiculous attempt to flip the script would make sense.

Oh yeah, and the police had been enslaved for generations then subjected to discrimination and segregation laws even after being freed from slavery. Almost forgot that part.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Holy f#&%, this is dumb!

nice to know you assume black people are on welfare; I’m really not surprised though...

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

That's lovely fiction. Maybe if gangs of civilians had been:

- murdering the police for years

- investigating themselves and finding no wrong doing

- steadily equipped with military hardware

- using their union to lobby against any and all changes in regulating them or even giving transparency

Then maybe your ridiculous attempt to flip the script would make sense.

Oh yeah, and the police had been enslaved for generations then subjected to discrimination and segregation laws even after being freed from slavery. Almost forgot that part.

You should write one, because a bunch of your list is actually true. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

No, it's not and you know it.

Yes it was.  Here's an easy one.  Criminals do often have armor and weapons superior to the normal police handgun.  While there should be an intelligent debate over appropriate use of force, you won't hear it from airheads blooting out defund police.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1