The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

5 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

If you haven't seen this it's worth a watch.  If it doesn't bring tears to your eyes you're an animal.

If this is his platform, he will not win.  What are his ideas to better the country?  His voting record is not very good when it comes to policy. And hes way behind on donations, wonder where hes going to get that money from...?  No thank you to another establishment politician taking money from big donors and lobbyists.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

If this is his platform, he will not win.  What are his ideas to better the country?  His voting record is not very good when it comes to policy. And hes way behind on donations, wonder where hes going to get that money from...?  No thank you to another establishment politician taking money from rich people and lobbyists.

hard to state a platform in a 3 min video saying he is running.  but coming out swinging at trump isn't a bad start.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, commando said:

hard to state a platform in a 3 min video saying he is running.  but coming out swinging at trump isn't a bad start.

I mean hes been around long enough we know his platform based on what hes said and his voting record.  Hes against universal healthcare.  Hes against the GND.  Hes against lowering student debt.  He takes donor and lobby money.  Young people have absolutely no reason to vote for him.  Older folks will vote for him, but he polls terrible with young voters.  I guess its a good thing for him young voters don't vote nearly as often as older folks do.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean hes been around long enough we know his platform based on what hes said and his voting record.  Hes against universal healthcare.  Hes against the GND.  Hes against lowering student debt.  He takes donor and lobby money.  Young people have absolutely no reason to vote for him.  Older folks will vote for him, but he polls terrible with young voters.  I guess its a good thing for him young voters don't vote nearly as often as older folks do.

i am not a strong supporter...but if it's trump vs biden.....there is no question who i vote for.

• Plus1 1

Now that Biden is in - the dogfight is beginning among the top 3 candidates  Bernie, Pete, Joe.   This could get pretty nasty.   We'll see if they devour one another or not. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/440744-dem-race-shows-signs-it-could-get-nasty

The gloves are beginning to come off in the crowded Democratic race for the White House that so far has resembled more of a tea party than a bar-room brawl.

Pete Buttigieg said this week he didn’t think Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) could rebuild the coalition that pushed his 2016 candidacy forward, a line many saw as a shot undercutting a rival campaign.

Those remarks came after Sanders's campaign co-chairman Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) lashed out at Buttigieg for comparing Sanders's supporters to President' Trump's, even though Buttigieg had been praising Sanders for reaching out to the anti-establishment voters that Democrats have been accused of ignoring.

Separately, the Sanders campaign swiped at former Vice President Joe Biden, who entered the race early on Thursday, for raising money at the home of a "corporate lobbyist" shortly after launching his campaign. And Justice Democrats, a group launched by former Sanders campaign aides, issued a blistering statement attacking Biden as a corporate shill and saying he’s the wrong kind of politician for the party to nominate.

The new attacks come as the race for the party's nomination takes shape around Biden and Sanders, who are the clear front-runners at this early stage. Both are now coming under attack.

It’s a big shift from the niceties that have been on display among the candidates so far and likely foreshadows a brutal race to come, as mid-tier and lower-tier candidates face pressure to knock down the top two in an effort to break out from the pack.

“It’s going to be nasty,” predicted one Democratic strategist.

• Thanks 1

How many of you read "The Intercept"? 

They seem to be a left leaning news outlet that isn't afraid to take on their own side. That is refreshing and should be applauded. They aren't so caught up in their bias that they don't take on others who they might agree wt politically.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/24/the-intercept-greenwald-grim-profile-media-politics-left-liberal-226710?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Captain Mark Kelly, the former astronaut, has a picture-perfect political résumé: the Space Shuttle commander and veteran of the U.S. Navy became a gun control advocate after his wife, former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, was shot and suffered a severe brain injury.

For a broad swath of Democrats, a Kelly campaign is precisely what the party needs. He’s a patriotic, mediagenic, center-friendly liberal who has a rare chance to turn the longtime Republican stronghold of Arizona into a state with two Democratic U.S. senators.

But on March 5, a missile came for Kelly—launched, improbably, from the left. Reporter Akela Lacy revealed that Kelly, who like many progressive hopefuls claimed he was running a campaign free of corporate PAC donations, had made at least 19 paid corporate speeches in front of audiences including Goldman Sachs. A follow-up story dinged Kelly for another swampy tradition: a planned appearance at a fundraiser hosted by lobbyists from Capitol Counsel, a major Washington firm.

The stories were published by the Intercept, the five-year-old left-leaning online news outlet, and they stung. The state’s largest paper, the Arizona Republic, waded in. CNN began asking questions. Initially dismissive, the Kelly campaign returned the $55,000 he was paid for a speech in the United Arab Emirates. In the interest of transparency, the Kelly camp also published the transcript of a typical paid speech. (A spokesperson for Kelly declined to comment for this article.)

For the Intercept, it was another notch on an increasingly crowded belt—mostly decorated with attacks on Democrats.

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

How many of you read "The Intercept"? 

They seem to be a left leaning news outlet that isn't afraid to take on their own side. That is refreshing and should be applauded. They aren't so caught up in their bias that they don't take on others who they might agree wt politically.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/24/the-intercept-greenwald-grim-profile-media-politics-left-liberal-226710?utm_source=pocket-newtab

The Intercept probably does the best investigative journalism. I'd recommend them because they're one of the few doing investigative journalism anymore and because they don't cover the same stories as the MSM.

22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The Intercept probably does the best investigative journalism. I'd recommend them because they're one of the few doing investigative journalism anymore and because they don't cover the same stories as the MSM.

I really like the Intercept.  One thing I like about them is that it doesn't seem like they pick and choose who they are willing to do investigative journalism about.  And, they don't care if they piss off the wrong people.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I really like the Intercept.  One thing I like about them is that it doesn't seem like they pick and choose who they are willing to do investigative journalism about.  And, they don't care if they piss off the wrong people.

Thanks RD - I'll have to look at them more.