The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Oh look, Russia is still trying to put their thumb on the scale of next year's election, too. And the leaders of the agencies trying to protect us from it say we can't protect ourselves because the President isn't mentally stable enough to handle the truth.

Another reason to toss him out on his keister. He can't put his ego aside, see this for what it is and do what's right for the country. He'd rather lie to himself and hope for their help again.

“We recognize that our adversaries are going to keep adapting and upping their game,” Christopher A. Wray, the F.B.I. director, said Friday in a speech in Washington, citing the presence of Russian intelligence officers in the United States and the Kremlin’s record of malign influence operations.

“So we are very much viewing 2018 as just kind of a dress rehearsal for the big show in 2020,” he said.

Mr. Wray’s warnings came after the report by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, laid out in hundreds of pages of detail the interference and influence campaign carried out by Russian operatives in the 2016 election.

While American officials have promised to continue to try to counter, block and weaken the Russian intelligence operations, they have complained of a lack of high-level coordination. President Trump has little interest or patience for hearing about such warnings, officials have said.

Mr. Trump views any discussion of future Russian interference as effectively questioning the legitimacy of his 2016 victory, prompting senior officials to head off discussions with him. Earlier this year, the White House chief of staff told Kirstjen Nielsen, then the homeland security secretary, not to raise the threat of new forms of Russian interference with Mr. Trump, current and former senior administration officials have said.

But outside of meetings with Mr. Trump, intelligence officials have continued to raise alarms. Officials including both Mr. Wray and Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, have said Russia has aimed its influence campaigns at undermining faith in American democracy.

“What has pretty much continued unabated is the use of social media, fake news, propaganda, false personas, etc. to spin us up, pit us against each other, to sow divisiveness and discord, to undermine America’s faith in democracy,” Mr. Wray said on Friday. “That is not just an election-cycle threat. It is pretty much a 365-day-a-year threat.”

(P.S., sorry about the formatting - no idea how to fix that)

• Thanks 2

Lets see what Joe Biden has been up to since announcing. 

-Meeting with corporate CEOs including BCBS CEO for donations. 

-Going on the View and saying all we need to do for blue collar workers is to say thank you for doing what youre doing. 

This man will really fight for you! He def has my vote...

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Lets see what Joe Biden has been up to since announcing. 

-Meeting with corporate CEOs including BCBS CEO for donations. 

-Going on the View and saying all we need to do for blue collar workers is to say thank you for doing what youre doing. 

This man will really fight for you! He def has my vote...

I also read that he has doubled down on being against legalizing marijuana.

But honestly, the biggest issue I'm struggling with is the Anita Hill handling.  So. Poorly.  Done.  Between that and how he "joked" around at a public event about "having permission to hug" the day after apologizing for his past behaviors shows a lack of awareness.  I was in his camp in defending his behavior as being from another generation.  Not right, but I could understand it.  To have to apologize and then poke fun disappointed me greatly.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's a fairly disingenuous statement by Kristol, which shouldn't be surprising. Opposing a trade agreement before it's signed is WAY different than imposing tariffs afterwards. Plus Bernie is comparing his voting record against Biden's, which isn't the same as the rhetoric.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

That's a fairly ingenuous statement by Kristol, which shouldn't be surprising. Opposing a trade agreement before it's signed is WAY different than imposing tariffs afterwards. Plus Bernie is comparing his voting record against Biden's, which isn't the same as the rhetoric.

Bernie was against NAFTA > so was Trump

Bernie didn't like normal relations with China > Neither did Trump

Bernie didn't like TPP > Neither did Trump

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Bernie was against NAFTA > so was Trump  (Bernie could most likely explain why he feels this way, Trump most likely can't)

Bernie didn't like normal relations with China > Neither did Trump  (Bernie could most likely explain why he feels this way, Trump most likely can't)

Bernie didn't like TPP > Neither did Trump  (Bernie could most likely explain why he feels this way, Trump most likely can't)

Even though they may agree, there is a pretty stark difference....

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Bernie was against NAFTA > so was Trump

Bernie didn't like normal relations with China > Neither did Trump

Bernie didn't like TPP > Neither did Trump

Bernie voted on those things before they were signed. Trump has talked about those things after they were signed. I haven't looked it up, but is Bernie now proposing the same fixes for those issues as Trump - that's a far stronger comparison.

Plus I'm sure there's tweets of Trump saying the exact oppose on those issues as well. We could probably tie almost any candidate to Trump on some issues.