The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why do Democrat candidates fall into the trap of talking about health care spending over 10 years?

Learn to be better sales people, idiots. I don’t care if there are great reasons to talk about spending over 10 years, make it sound as cheap as you can.

It’s estimated to cost less than 1/20th of defense spending. Defending this country isn’t worth much if we let people die of curable diseases because people can’t afford the cures. 

Holy s#!t my math is bad late at night. Just ignore this...

But the main pt stands - talk about annual cost. 3.2 trillion, not 32. 

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Holy s#!t my math is bad late at night. Just ignore this...

But the main pt stands - talk about annual cost. 3.2 trillion, not 32. 

Its hard to when Biden and Buttigieg make up some big number like 32 trillion but dont say its over 10 years and dont mention the current system costs 52 trillion. Thats where I find fault in the messaging. The next question from Sanders or Warren should be: what does the current system cost, Joe? 

Plus Biden says his plan only costs 700 billion compared to 32 trillion. Not mentioning that the $700 billion is on top of what we are already spending. They lie in their messaging. The progressives need to grow and spine and call it out. 

15 minutes ago, commando said:

looks like trumps attacks on biden are working.   

I'd say far less that and far more people just don't want Biden to win the nomination.

I think his best shot was 2016, and that only because he was a known commodity and Veep under a well-liked president. I think four years later, there's just not as much interest in yet another old white male president.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'd say far less that and far more people just don't want Biden to win the nomination.

I think his best shot was 2016, and that only because he was a known commodity and Veep under a well-liked president. I think four years later, there's just not as much interest in yet another old white male president.

Yep.

I think a lot of people WANTED to think he is Presidential material.  But, as time has passed, it's proven that his faux pas have just continued.  He's a likable guy with tons of experience.  But, can't get out of his own way of saying stupid things.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I think also he's taken a very low key approach right now -I'm sure to avoid having to deal with the Hunter stuff.  I was just thinking this morning how smart it is that he's not putting himself in situations to get stupid soundbites for the GOP.

7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

One poll of 255 people shows him down and they say his 'support is gone'.

The narrative is funny on this one.

Also, they noticed that not as many people were at his rally as last time he ran.  Last time he ran there wasn't 500 democratic candidates in the race.  I'm sure his support will pick up as the 1%'ers drop out.

Its the NYT. They hate Bernie and smear him whenever they have an opportunity. Any mention of the emerson poll showing him in first place last week?