The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I've said multiple times that our current system is the worst of all possible options, and it's far from an actual free market. It's over-regulated, over-protected, over-lobbied, etc. The high prices of our current system are due to lack of transparency in pricing and cronyism due to the government being too involved. The true results of an actual free market don't lie.

LINK

LASIK eye surgery is an elected procedure that can be taken care of with contacts or glasses lol. 

Doctor: It costs $8,000

Patient: Nah, ill just wear contacts

Doctor: Ok, how about $5,000

Patient: nah contacts are still cheaper and vision is only $2.00 a month

Doctor: Okay, $1000 and a cookie

Patient: Fine, I guess

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

No, but if there are 2 hospitals similar distance away (or more than 2) and their prices are disclosed, my family could choose to go to the one where the heart surgery is cheaper. Or conversely, if the more expensive hospital is better known for quality of care, I could choose that one instead. NOTHING is transparent, and that's a huge problem, is it not?...

You realize close to 70% of our population cant afford a $400 emergency? You think there is a hospital that will do a heart surgery for $400? So it doesnt matter what the price is, if someone is uninsured they are going bankrupt or into financial ruin. Were talking about the difference between like 20k and maybe a little cheaper than that. 

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

More and more, to me, it looks like Trump vs. Buttigieg in 2020.

Buttigieg is getting absolutely crushed in most of the southern states and a lot of the swing states which will decide the election. Iowa and NH are technically swing states but are also the 4th and 6th whitest states, respectively.

Buttigieg is ascending in these states but we'll have to see if it will carry over in more diverse ones. Winning early can change things, though.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Buttigieg is getting absolutely crushed in most of the southern states and a lot of the swing states which will decide the election. Iowa and NH are technically swing states but are also the 4th and 6th whitest states, respectively.

Buttigieg is ascending in these states but we'll have to see if it will carry over in more diverse ones. Winning early can change things, though.

Yeah. Who knows?  Just a hunch. Biden seems to be losing traction and Warren/Sanders may be tied up with Senate trials for a while.  So I can see Buttigieg gaining some ground. 

18 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Yeah. Who knows?  Just a hunch. Biden seems to be losing traction and Warren/Sanders may be tied up with Senate trials for a while.  So I can see Buttigieg gaining some ground. 

I'm a bit contrarian here as everyone likes to think Biden is slowly tanking but he's actually holding extremely steady. Fairly locked somewhere into 2nd-4th in Iowa, likely same in NH, but leading NV and crushing SC. His path to victory is probably getting through states like IA/NH and cleaning up elsewhere later on.

Will sure be interesting to see how things change after the first couple states & as people keep dropping out. Definitely agree a trial in the Senate is a hindrance for the senators running...

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

In light of some people thinking the US will sink into fiscal destruction if we implement some programs that European countries have developed into successful endeavors, I found this article interesting.

Germany Budget Surplus to Reach Billions in 2019: Handelsblatt

We're already past the point of fiscal destruction in this country

Why do Democrat candidates fall into the trap of talking about health care spending over 10 years?

Learn to be better sales people, idiots. I don’t care if there are great reasons to talk about spending over 10 years, make it sound as cheap as you can.

It’s estimated to cost less than 1/20th of defense spending. Defending this country isn’t worth much if we let people die of curable diseases because people can’t afford the cures. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why do Democrat candidates fall into the trap of talking about health care spending over 10 years?

Learn to be better sales people, idiots. I don’t care if there are great reasons to talk about spending over 10 years, make it sound as cheap as you can.

It’s estimated to cost less than 1/20th of defense spending. Defending this country isn’t worth much if we let people die of curable diseases because people can’t afford the cures. 

Politicians do this all the time and it drives me crazy. XYZ policy will cost/save billions of dollars......

......over the next ten years.