The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Pretending Biden lying is ok but Trump lying is not is perhaps even more privileged.

No, it's being realistic. All politicians lie. The size and scope of Biden's lies and Trump's are not at all similar. 

No one is saying Biden lying is OK. We're saying deal with in when we put out the fire burning the house down.

• Plus1 2

27 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Just go ahead and watch this until  5:32 mark...it leaves out the commentary from this person.  I've linked directly to Biden talking about cutting SS and Medicare on numerous occasions and then being proud of it on numerous occasions.

Then we have the debate where he states that he never even MENTIONED IT on the floor of the Senate and that he never said he'd cut anything like that.

That's him lying straight up.  There is no 'mostly false' about what he's saying.  You can't piss on someones face and tell them its raining and expect them to believe it.

Pretty sad that moderators let him get away with it.  Then again, MSM seems to be coddling him quite a bit this entire time.  He could probably walk out onto a stage and take a dump and get away with it at this juncture.

Again, semantics. Whether or not a freeze constitutes a cut is up for people to decide. 

But all politicians lie. Biden's lies are generally benign.

As I pointed out, Bernie has also supported tweaks to Social Security to help it survive. It's nice to always be able to tell folks it's hunky dory but it's also good to have someone say sometimes it needs reformed to keep it solvent. Biden has been honest about that; Bernie rarely has.

Luckily we don't have to worry about it. Biden is running on protecting and expanding Social Security benefits, especially for vulnerable older populations.

Unless you really think Biden is so much of a liar that he'd explicitly run on expanding it to stab people in the back by turning around to cut it?

• Plus1 1
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

Luckily we don't have to worry about it. Biden is running on protecting and expanding Social Security benefits, especially for vulnerable older populations.

Unless you really think Biden is so much of a liar that he'd explicitly run on expanding it to stab people in the back by turning around to cut it?

I definitely think Biden is that much of a liar. He lies for absolutely no reason about stuff. Like him getting arrested in apartheid South Africa:

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-not-arrested-apartheid-south-africa-campaign-story-2020-2

But the bigger issue is that the Dems and Biden in particular are running on beating Trump because he's bad and much of that is Trump lying. Running a candidate who's currently lying about his own past policies undercuts that message.

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I definitely think Biden is that much of a liar. He lies for absolutely no reason about stuff. Like him getting arrested in apartheid South Africa:

https://www.businessinsider.com/joe-biden-not-arrested-apartheid-south-africa-campaign-story-2020-2

But the bigger issue is that the Dems and Biden in particular are running on beating Trump because he's bad and much of that is Trump lying. Running a candidate who's currently lying about his own past policies undercuts that message.

Fair enough. That's your judgment.

I don't think most people perceive Biden as equally or more dishonest than Trump.

13 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I didn't see the debate.  I'll have to catch what I can.

FNC :o politicos said that all Biden had to do was run out the clock and not turn the ball over.  Well actually that's my language but same idea.  And Biden did just that.  As expected Sanders played nice to not say anything that could hurt Biden in the general and/or get Sanders sent to the political Gulag.

I repeat my opinion; if Berne was leading in the polls then the DNC would declare that the primaries have to be postponed for the safety of the poll workers.  And Bernie wouldn't even give them a :blink:

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying :sarcasm

Come on man, stop the hyperbole.

This is what you said. This sure sounds like you're not going to vote if it's either of two liars.

17 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Do you choose the person who is a known liar and revels in his lies or do you choose the one who is a known liar and tells you he's not lying?  That's the choice people are going to give me, I'll choose neither.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I didn't say I wouldn't vote.  I said I wouldn't vote for Biden or Trump.  I guess reading is hard and you have to exaggerate what I said to make me seem a bit more crazy right.  That way I'm easier to dismiss later.

Not voting for Biden or Trump is basically voting for Trump. You're smart enough to realize that.

Now who's engaging in hyperbole? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1