i think it's too late for america. the old checks and balances system of our former government have now been trashed by this administration.

It's not just the administration. If the GOP senators and congressman do nothing, it's on the GOP. They have the ability to check the executive branch and are not showing the indication that they will.

• Fire 3

Funny you say that, commando. You're definitely not alone in that assessment:

Into the Abyss: Trump Fires Comey

Here’s the fundamental issue facing the country right now.

In criminal trials there are certain actions defendants can take from which judges will tell juries they can infer guilt. In a political context, this is one of those moments. We are now hearing word from White House officials that the White House is stunned at the backlash at Comey’s firing. Didn’t Democrats think he was doing a bad job? We’re even hearing commentators speculate that maybe this may have been a huge miscalculation. The White House didn’t realize how big a deal this was. In the final analysis I think this will be judged a major miscalculation – just not in the sense they mean. Frankly, no one is that naive. It doesn’t wash.

There is only one reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from the decision to fire Comey: that there is grave wrongdoing at the center of the Russia scandal and that it implicates the President. As I write this, I have a difficult time believing that last sentence myself. But sometimes you have to step back from your assumptions and simply look at what the available evidence is telling you. It’s speaking clearly: the only reasonable explanation is that the President has something immense to hide and needs someone in charge of the FBI who he believes is loyal. Like Jeff Sessions. Like Rod Rosenstein.

This is a very dark and perilous moment.

Yes. Yes it is.

• Fire 5

Sad to see a public servant like Comey take a fall (regardless of my opinion of his performance), but I'm grateful that this may actually get things rolling a bit more quickly toward investigations on our POTUS and his intentions and abilities to lead.

the fact that he managed to piss off both sides show that he was doing his job correctly and wasn't a slave to either party.

He pissed off both sides because he was mishandling investigations.

trump was praising comey 2 weeks before the election for his great work with the clinton e-mail investigation. now that is the trump excuse for firing him so that he can appoint someone to bury this current investigation.

While Trump was praising Comey about Clinton, Dems wanted him fired. Now Trump fires Comey about Russia and Dems are mad.

See what this looks like?

it looks like he was doing his job and not a slave to either side....my original point

Just because he wasn't a slave to either side doesn't mean he was doing a good job.

if he was doing such a poor job with the russia investigation...why would trump need to fire him? he was safe from the bungling investigation. let it run it's course and fire comey when it doesn't look like he is trying to cover sh#t up. if comey was doing a good job and trump was afraid of the results i would expect exactly what happened.

Did Trump say he was firing Comey for doing a poor job with the Russia investigation?

I agree wholeheartedly that this has an unbelievable stench of obstruction. No question in my mind. But there is literally nothing that can be done about it unless the rules are changed on who hires and fires these directors.

Trump could literally fire Comey for wearing blue socks into the White House. That's his privilege as President.

The bold is not at all true. Trump is impeachable and has been for some time. The GOP can do it whenever they want.

I don't understand how everyone in America with half a brain can see what's going on here yet nothing can really be done until it comes time to vote.

not everyone. there are trump supporters who will die for him. trump was right when he said he could pull out a gun and shoot someone in front of witnesses and his supporters would still be there for him. he is above the laws and rules of the office for them.

• Fire 2