LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 3/21/2018 at 5:10 PM, BigRedBuster said:

No.  There isn't one or two kids that mean so much that can do that if the staff is as good as what we think they are long term.

That said...I'm going to be surprised if kids like this don't end up Huskers.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:00 PM, ScottyIce said:

We better bring out the big guns tomorrow, no f'ing around. Gotta sell him on Nebraska now. CB’s to ND by Loy and Wiltwrong today after he apparently had a great visit on top of the Iowa Legacy stuff...

If Frost can’t win over top in-state talent, he has me worried.

Hehehe.

If you're like me and you've been horribly disappointed with the linebacker play the last several years, get excited. Henrich is a stud. There are many things I love about his game, but two stick out.

1) He tackles outside his area. When I talk about how schemes only matter until the play is identified, that's Henrich. If his guy doesn't have the ball, he'll find who does. He runs down so many ball carriers that it's obscene.

2) There is a violence to his tackling. He accelerates and runs through people. He tackles to the ground.

I'm really glad he committed, and not just for the obvious reasons. Sometimes a defensive coordinator can overcomplicate things, try to control things too much, and just ends up hampering a guy like this. Henrich plays the game like our coaches wants the players to play. When Chinander describes his defense, it's with 11 Nick Henrich's. Fantastic fit.

• Plus1 5