Do husker fans today have lower expectations?

Is it hard to breathe up there on Smug Mountain, fellas? ;)

In all seriousness, I think we can have program expectations and season expectations. The program's expectations have never changed much for me - we should regularly compete for (and occasionally win) conference titles. Accomplishing that will also mean possible CFP appearances.

However, this season, I'm leaning towards Nebraska missing out on a conference title game.

• Fire 2

In all seriousness, I think we can have program expectations and season expectations. The program's expectations have never changed much for me - we should regularly compete for (and occasionally win) conference titles. Accomplishing that will also mean possible CFP appearances.

However, this season, I'm leaning towards Nebraska missing out on a conference title game.

Now whose the smug one Mr. Smuggy McSmuggerson

• Fire 2

I have climbed that mountain! Met a few fellow posters up there too :)

• Fire 1

It's Smaug the dragon.

I know that I do. The landscape has changed. But, I still think we can still get back to where we where.

Just think, like 10 years ago Bama fans were basically where we are...

I don't think this is a fair comparison. Bama caused their own turmoil by cheating. OU did the same. A fairer comparison would be to Michigan. They forced a coach out much like we did. Then, they made their "splash" hire in Rich Rod. Yeah, Michigan is a way better comparison than a program that may or may not have been pretty close to the death penalty.

I know that I do. The landscape has changed. But, I still think we can still get back to where we where.

Just think, like 10 years ago Bama fans were basically where we are...

I don't think this is a fair comparison. Bama caused their own turmoil by cheating. OU did the same. A fairer comparison would be to Michigan. They forced a coach out much like we did. Then, they made their "splash" hire in Rich Rod. Yeah, Michigan is a way better comparison than a program that may or may not have been pretty close to the death penalty.

The point was simply look how much changes in 10 years, don't read so much into it.

I'm not....I think we have better talent and better coaches this year. My biggest question mark is still the O Line and I have trouble believing we can't find the answer there with all the beef eaters in BIG country. It shouldn't take long to see what we have with Diaco running the D. I'm betting he'll make a good impression, but you never know until you know.