B1G Replaces SEC as Most Overrated Conference

Honestly asking opinions here, which is better? Personally I think B1G wins both.

B1G West - SEC East

B1G East - SEC West

Going off last year, it is hard to say with the B1G west, we took it on the chin from head to head from Tennessee and Florida.

Except Wisconsin would be compared to Florida.

Head to Head by division standings would be as following:

Wisconsin vs. Florida

Iowa vs. Tennessee

Nebraska vs. Georgia

Minnesota vs. Kentucky

Northwestern vs. South Carolina

Illinois vs. Vanderbilt

Purdue vs. Missouri

If I had to rank the two divisions together I would go something like:

1. Wisconsin

2. Florida

3. Tennessee

4. Iowa

5. Minnesota

6. Nebraska

7. Kentucky

8. Georgia

9. Northwestern

10. Vanderbilt

11. South Carolina

12. Missouri

13. Purdue

14. Illinois

I see where you are going with that, but we can only deal with what happened on the field. Problem is that we have dealt with some dysfunction play by us for the last several years. Iowa should not have been number 2 and we should not have laid eggs in the last two games. If we play like we can, we dominate the B1G west and make the conference much better!

GBR!!

• Fire 1

The B1G is the most top-heavy P5 conference I think. Maybe not, but (sorry Husker bros) outside of the top 2-3.5 (Wisconsin is top 10 but not in the same sort of way that OSU/Mich/maybe PSU are), the rest of the conference is quite underwhelming, and Rutgers/Illinois/Indiana/Purdue is a really lousy bottom 4.

How are you coming up with the list of OSU, Mich and PSU?

OK...I understand OSU.

But, the conference championships have gone:

16 - PSU

15 - MSU

14 - OSU

13 - MSU

12 - Wisc

11 - Wisc

Why is all of a sudden PSU viewed as this world beater when they have won one conference championship but MSU and Wisc aren't after winning two each?

How is Michigan all of a sudden in this amazing level of football? What have they won?

Honestly asking opinions here, which is better? Personally I think B1G wins both.

B1G West - SEC East

B1G East - SEC West

Going off last year, it is hard to say with the B1G west, we took it on the chin from head to head from Tennessee and Florida.

Wisconsin vs. Florida

Iowa vs. Tennessee

Nebraska vs. Georgia

Minnesota vs. Kentucky

Illinois vs. Vanderbilt

Purdue vs. Missouri

1. Wisconsin

2. Florida

3. Tennessee

4. Iowa

5. Minnesota

6. Nebraska

7. Kentucky

8. Georgia

9. Northwestern

10. Vanderbilt

11. South Carolina

12. Missouri

13. Purdue

14. Illinois

How is Minnesota ahead of Nebraska? We are 4-2 against them since joining the conference and have won the last two by a margin of 72 - 41?

• Fire 2

B1G West - SEC East

B1G East - SEC West

Wisconsin vs. Florida

Iowa vs. Tennessee

Nebraska vs. Georgia

Minnesota vs. Kentucky

Illinois vs. Vanderbilt

Purdue vs. Missouri

1. Wisconsin

2. Florida

3. Tennessee

4. Iowa

5. Minnesota

6. Nebraska

7. Kentucky

8. Georgia

9. Northwestern

10. Vanderbilt

11. South Carolina

12. Missouri

13. Purdue

14. Illinois

How is Minnesota ahead of Nebraska? We are 4-2 against them since joining the conference and have won the last two by a margin of 72 - 41?

What do you mean? They have PJ fleck as their HC now. They will be the premier team in the West starting this year.

• Fire 1

Who knows how this will play out but B1G needs to show up better in bowl games especially vs SEC. There is a lot of potential for the middle pack B1G teams to do better.

Nebraska - just not sure about Riley. Have so much else going for them.

Iowa - they know who they are and have beaten up on SEC teams in the past.

Minn - they are not a bad program. They have bowl wins over Arkansas and Alabama.

NW - pesky program and can always have that 7-8 win season.

The others need to step up and not just putting their hands out to collect the B1G check. Invest that money in coaches, facilities, etc.

B1G West - SEC East

B1G East - SEC West

Wisconsin vs. Florida

Iowa vs. Tennessee

Nebraska vs. Georgia

Minnesota vs. Kentucky

Illinois vs. Vanderbilt

Purdue vs. Missouri

Looking at those matchups, I think the only game I'm confident in saying the BIG West would win would be the Wiscy game. Now I don't know much about the SEC East but just going off program reputation its hard to see the BIG winning any of those other games.

B1G West - SEC East

B1G East - SEC West

Wisconsin vs. Florida

Iowa vs. Tennessee

Nebraska vs. Georgia

Minnesota vs. Kentucky

Illinois vs. Vanderbilt

Purdue vs. Missouri

1. Wisconsin

2. Florida

3. Tennessee

4. Iowa

5. Minnesota

6. Nebraska

7. Kentucky

8. Georgia

9. Northwestern

10. Vanderbilt

11. South Carolina

12. Missouri

13. Purdue

14. Illinois

What do you mean? They have PJ fleck as their HC now. They will be the premier team in the West starting this year.

From an outsiders perspective, the upside of PJ Fleck is higher than Riley. I can see why people would want to jump on the PJ Fleck bandwagon.

• Fire 1

B1G needs us to be on top of the West to bring the conference to the top. If we can dominate the west and be a top 10 team, it helps. We need balance in the conference.

This kind of reminds me of our final years in the Big 12. How many years in a row did the South win? If you go back and look at those years, the South with the exception of the last two completely dominated the North. I can't think we were invited to the B1G party to perform as we have thus far.

<snip>

To clarify, this was my 2016 thoughts after bowl games power rankings between the two divisions.

We beat them at home with a pick in the redzone. If it is at their place, I say they would take it. They had a similar year as us, but actually took Penn St. to overtime early and beat Wazzu in their bowl game while we got stuck by tOSU. We also failed down the stretch with injuries building up and were not a competitive team. If I had to rank teams at the end of 2016, that is how I would have done it with only those two divisions.

B1G needs us to be on top of the West to bring the conference to the top. If we can dominate the west and be a top 10 team, it helps. We need balance in the conference.

This kind of reminds me of our final years in the Big 12. How many years in a row did the South win? If you go back and look at those years, the South with the exception of the last two completely dominated the North. I can't think we were invited to the B1G party to perform as we have thus far.

The B1G doesn't need Nebraska to be on top of the West to bring the conference to the top. As long as the conference keeps placing teams in the CFP and multiple teams in marquee bowl games, I don't think they worry too much about individual teams. I am sure they would like for Nebraska to be more competitive in marquee conference games.

• Fire 1

The B1G is the most top-heavy P5 conference I think. Maybe not, but (sorry Husker bros) outside of the top 2-3.5 (Wisconsin is top 10 but not in the same sort of way that OSU/Mich/maybe PSU are), the rest of the conference is quite underwhelming, and Rutgers/Illinois/Indiana/Purdue is a really lousy bottom 4.

How are you coming up with the list of OSU, Mich and PSU?

OK...I understand OSU.

But, the conference championships have gone:

16 - PSU

15 - MSU

14 - OSU

13 - MSU

12 - Wisc

11 - Wisc

Why is all of a sudden PSU viewed as this world beater when they have won one conference championship but MSU and Wisc aren't after winning two each?

How is Michigan all of a sudden in this amazing level of football? What have they won?

Wiscy and MSU are always underrated, especially after MSU's last seaon.. B1G had 2 messed up championships the last 2 years. MSU had 9 lives 2 years ago that should have ran out much sooner. OSU should have went to the championship that year as a better team. On the other hand PSU realistically had no business winning the B1G but on paper last year after the complete beating they received by UM, then there was the farcical UM vs OSU and it's homegrown fan referees game that had a weaker OSU team go to the playoff and as I predicted, get owned.

Still, this year OSU should deserve respect as they are loaded again. MU is fine also with 10 win plus last 2 years, winning one bowl loosing one. Also both those teams are stacked from top to bottom with coaching talent, PSU is riding on a strong class, though I'm not convinced on them yet. But the "experts" seem to think they are contenders. MSU is either done for, or Dantonio does some magic. If he does Ill be even more impressed with what he's done there.

In the West for perceptions sake's Wisky needs to keep doing it's big and scary thing, no reason to think that will change unless their offense is horrible. Huskers need to step up a notch and get more identity and consistency. Huskers also have a good home schedule this year, I'm looking for some upsets, and Iowa needs to be at least like the last year team. till Huskers beat them, to help their standings. Some are in love with NW at the moment as well. So there could be a four way match up in the West as well. NW is a home game as well, good time for some payback.

As far as what conference has the best bottom teams? Who cares, it's like being the King of the sh#ts, no participation trophies here and if one needs to take pride in that, just stop watching football or head to the south east and cheer the sec.

• Fire 2