Any chance the Tanner Lee story isn't 100 percent true?

tmfr15

I judge him by my lack of cringing every time he through the ball.  Ball going thru the air from out past QB's normally brought terror. 

Don't think at this point he leaves for the NFL this year by any means.  We need him to be here two years. 

I saw the game as hot and cold and both sides.  Very long game.  Hoping for the best.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Are you counting the "drop" by Hoppes on the first drive for NU?  That wasn't a drop. That was a forced pass into double coverage (zone defense) and the safety tipped the ball before it got to Hoppes.

Yes I counted that one.  Both of the defenders were about 2 yards in front of him and even tho the safety "tipped" the ball he didn't change the tragetory of the ball and it hit Hoppes in the hands so yes it's a drop.  He wasn't in an awkward position with defenders hanging on him either.  Guarantee if you ask him he would tell you he should have caught it 

Just now, MichiganDad3 said:

I wonder what will happen when we can't run the ball so easily. We averages 5.9 yards per carry, and had 239 net rushing yards. What will Langs do, and how will the additional pressure affect Lee when the Huskers struggle running the ball?

Then we'll throw 55 times, the stats won't be pretty (I don't think we're really a dink-and-dunk or Air Raid team), but we'll be dangerous enough to threaten every time we have the ball. Lee stretches the field with his arm. We can have a real downfield passing game, at last.

5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yes I counted that one.  Both of the defenders were about 2 yards in front of him and even tho the safety "tipped" the ball he didn't change the tragetory of the ball and it hit Hoppes in the hands so yes it's a drop.  He wasn't in an awkward position with defenders hanging on him either.  Guarantee if you ask him he would tell you he should have caught it 

21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Are you counting the "drop" by Hoppes on the first drive for NU?  That wasn't a drop. That was a forced pass into double coverage (zone defense) and the safety tipped the ball before it got to Hoppes.

I actually just went back a looked at it and I'm not even sure the safety even touched the ball and it hit hoppes square in the chest 

Even if it wasn't tipped and was dropped, I don't think it was a good decision to try and force the ball into coverage there. Now, I don't know if anyone else was available, but those are the throws that DC's are going to bait Lee into making, especially as there is more film for the opponents to study on him.

That pass is as much of a YOLO pass that Armstrong made so regularly. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Even if it wasn't tipped and was dropped, I don't think it was a good decision to try and force the ball into coverage there. Now, I don't know if anyone else was available, but those are the throws that DC's are going to bait Lee into making, especially as there is more film for the opponents to study on him. 

Good decision or not Hoppes dropped it.  Lee put it on the money and it should have been a TD.  It wouldn't be any different if say it was 3rd and 10 and Lee throws to his check down at rb who is at the Los and he drops the ball.  Was it the best decision to not throw at the sticks?  Who knows because if he catches it and runs for a first down it looks good.... But he dropped it and didn't have the chance.  If Hoppes catches it it looks like an awesome throw.  Hoppes did have a really nice grab toward the goal line later in the game tho 

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Here's an example.  For some reason, Lee had decided before the snap that he was going downfield.  Otherwise there's no reason to force it into double-coverage down the sideline.  Hopppes was wide open if he even tries to find a second option.

Wrong (Sam McKewon)... look where Lee is compared to Hoppes when he comes open.  

Lee is not very fast. This looks like a play where he should have maybe been a bit more patient and gone to his checkdown. However, if he was going to go for the deep route that was the time to go for it. He trusts his arm a lot, evidently, and completed more than one pass into a tight window downfield yesterday. 

This looks like it was almost a 40-yard completion. Reimers is in bounds and it drops right in the bucket. I don't mind taking a shot like that if you can deliver it like this. Neither defender had a shot at this ball and both were just running with their hands down as the ball came in. Pretty incredible ;) That's an NFL arm. Lee was doing this all night.

4 minutes ago, zoogs said:

This looks like it was almost a 40-yard completion. Reimers is in bounds and it drops right in the bucket. I don't mind taking a shot like that if you can deliver it like this. Neither defender had a shot at this ball and both were just running with their hands down as the ball came in. Pretty incredible ;) That's an NFL arm. Lee was doing this all night.

It might have been a completion.  If he had caught it.  :P

• Plus1 1