Who should we hire

23 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

Man don't sweat that.  I know you are high on Frost so don't let that concern you.  UCF isn't that nice and it is not his dream job.  If he considers the opportunity based on potential he knows the best that Lincoln can offer.  Personally I pondered if he would hesitate due to an unwillingness to reopen the scab of questions about the night of LP attack, but that is highly unlikely.  

I can see you have a problem with Frost because of what that sociopath Phillips did. I lived in Lincoln at the time and I don't know anybody around here who knows or cares about that concerning Frost's involvement. Personally, I just want them to land a good coach, not fire Riley then grab the only one willing to take the job. My first choice was Bohl but I don't see anybody willing to go that route so I gave up.

You got me wrong man.  I don't want to skip him as a candidate at all because of that incident.  Was the incident his fault? No. Did I lose respect for him at the time because he failed to protect her better? Absolutely.  But I rooted for him afterwards.

I simply remain unconvinced, at this time, he is the best candidate.  I fear he could be greatly inflated due to his play here, not his coaching resume.  That said he could be the best hire of all time and if a clean look establishes that, I think that is awesome. He is from a family of coaches and he could be the next star on the rise.  A gamble perhaps.

My comment was more if he wanted to bring his family to a place where such questions would linger more than any other place. However, remember I also said that was unlikely a factor in his head. IMO.

The title of this thread should've been 'Who should we hire that we can actually get?'

You can see from the mass confusion in this thread that us experts don't agree on much of anything. It's a good thing the UN admin decided to find a quality AD who knows how to discreetly check out all the available coaches and do it in the proper order.

2 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Actually the title of this thread should be " Who should we hire as AD" -  because we have a HC and for the good of our players we should support our MR.

I don't know, I am ALWAYS behind Nebraska and have said many times that I support the head coach until it is obvious he can't be supported any longer.  With that being said, for the good of our players, I wonder if it is time to move on to another head coach for Nebraska football.

6 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

If you ask our players during the last 2 years of BO he probably had a 95% approval rating.  MR probably has the same 95% approval rating.  

The thing is those two high ratings are for totally different reasons and for the sake of the kids - MR is on the right track.

What are the reasons for each coach?