Who should we hire

8 hours ago, shyndy said:

Honestly if we are going to have a losing season every year we start a new quarterback then no, let's end this all now.

The season is far from over to determine it's a "losing" season already. 

Going forwards we have two backup QB's getting reps and learning the system so when they get tapped to go in they should be further along.  We are also building up the talent and depth level across the board .  That's important, just look at  Michigan's spotty QB play this year and how they can overcome it.  That will happen at N if we stay the course.  If we make another change we're that much further away.

People want results.  People don't want to do what it takes to get those results.  That's America anymore.  Give me, give me, give me.  Nope gotta earn it and that takes time + hard work. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, huskerfan92 said:

Really hope you're not under consideration for the AD job. Fleck consistently had the top recruiting class in the MAC. Not sure what you find so unappealing about his personality

I agree. I said fleck should have been considered when they hired Riley. He completely resurrected WMU, got the community excited and involved with the program, had top  recruiting classes in the mac three years in a row(at western Michigan) and had his team ready to play and win every week. WMU went from a one win team to what you saw last year in a major bowl game almost beat Wisconsin. He may be a little annoying, but he can coach! I live in Kalamazoo, and I am a WMU alumn, trust me, I watched the transformation.

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Fleck and Brohm won't come here. B1G coaches do not leave B1G schools to take over at other schools in conference. You guys are nuts.

It is frowned upon but not against any league rule.  Plus, the one who hates it is the Comish and there is a good chance he is retiring very soon.  It seems like, just from the past, that it was a much bigger deal in basketball or at least it was talked about more in basketball.  

But, a promotion is a promotion and no one is going to stop a coach from getting a big raise and moving to a better program.  

22 hours ago, BartonHusker said:

We aren't going to find many coaches better than Mullen.

If that's the best we can do, then I'd prefer to stick with Riley to see what he can do or until better HC options are available. If we're firing Riley and getting a new HC, then whoever it is must have a lot more potential than Mullen - he's basically Riley from a few years back as others have pointed out.

Stoops isn't coming here. Neither are Urban Meyers, Nick Saban, or Chris Peterson. I think Chip Kelly will be an absolute disaster since we need to upgrade our talent and Kelly isn't keen on recruiting. So if we're going with a proven head coach, then it's basically Les Miles. Otherwise I think we have to gamble on a proven coordinator like Veneables, a younger head coach like Scott Frost, or a young coordinator like Jeremy Pruitt (youngish).

Having said that, I'll get behind whoever our HC is, whether that's Riley again next year or somebody new.

• Plus1 2