'Mansplaining'

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let me get this straight.  She was in a press conference with Cam, she asked a professional question about the sport.  Cam was a total jackass to her....showing the true type of man he is......and now SHE is the one being attacked?

It amazes me how I can be so surprised day in and day out in this world we live in.

Whoever dug up those is a disgusting idiot because their only purpose was to denigrate her and take the heat off of how he treated her in a professional situation.

I wonder how long they had to search to find tweets from 4 years ago...good lord I can't find a tweet from this morning

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let me get this straight.  She was in a press conference with Cam, she asked a professional question about the sport.  Cam was a total jackass to her....showing the true type of man he is......and now SHE is the one being attacked?

It amazes me how I can be so surprised day in and day out in this world we live in.

Whoever dug up those is a disgusting idiot because their only purpose was to denigrate her and take the heat off of how he treated her in a professional situation.

Not surprising at all.  This stuff happens all the time in the Sports world.  Hero worship that defies logic.  People who attack anyone that criticizes JoPa, OJ Simpson, the Steubenville High School Football team, Ray Lewis, Pete Rose, Christian Peter, etc.

Remember how people savaged the sketch artist who (quickly) sketched a less-than-flattering image of Saint Brady?

Image result for brady courtroom full sketch

How dare she insult Lord Brady with her insolence?  The backlash was so bad she had to do it again, but more flattering:

Related image

• Plus1 3

She could be the most inveterate racist in the world and it wouldn't change how deserving Cam's reaction was of opprobrium. They can both be in the wrong, at different times and in different ways. They should both recognize when they are, although really it's more important for society to do so. Kudos to her for not doubling down, though.

What did the tweets say?

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Damn. 

He's a misogynist.

She's a racist.

Quite the conundrum for the Liberals.....If only one of them was a white male, then we'd know what to do....

:D;):P

It'd be a remarkable failure to recognize neither issue, and instead interpret this whole thing as something only for "others" -- liberals -- to worry about.

Though tbh, Cam's offense seems clearly far worse than her RT.

9 minutes ago, zoogs said:

It'd be a remarkable failure to recognize neither issue, and instead interpret this whole thing as something only for "others" -- liberals -- to worry about.

Ohhhh...I disagree...

His response was stupid and childish but it was on the spot ( i bet he thought he was being clever...when he was really being a loser)...she actually had to read a tweet, laugh about it...think if she should retweet it because it was so funny because it was racist...then she had to hit RT...then she probably ended up with like 20 plus notifications about it which means she saw it over and over but still left it there...meaning that she still thought it was not only super funny but totally okay.  

Cam is an a-hole, 100% for sure.  He thinks he is better than most people and especially women...that is clear.  But hers is way worse, it is beside the point and should have a thread all to its own but that is also beside the point.  

This is not a conservative or liberal issue (both terms that don't mean what people really think they mean anymore) but this is an issue of two people that are a$$hole$.

10 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Meh, my original comment was made 'tongue-in-cheek'. 

Though, like the mansplaining thing, I don't find either one of their transgressions to be that big of a deal. What he said was rude, and kind of dumb. But that's it. As for her? I don't really care what she retweets to be honest. I laugh at racist jokes all the time. Even the one's made at my expense. Things are funny if you allow them to be. Her laughing at a racist joke doesn't make her racist, and him making a demeaning (i guess?) comment about women doesn't mean he has no respect for them.