8 games left....How many of them do we win?

Hayseed

8 games left....How many of them do we win?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Feel free to elaborate on who you think we'll beat and why?

• 8-0
    • 7-1
    • 6-2
    • 5-3
    • 4-4
    • 3-5
    • 2-6
    • 1-7
    • 0-8

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2017 at 04:59 AM

29 minutes ago, unlfan said:

What would make you feel we have a more than negligible chance of beating OSU, Wisconsin and Iowa?

Because none of us can accurately predict the future. I doubt anyone thought we'd beat Oklahoma or go to the B12 title game after the ugly loss to ISU in 2009. If we were bad on offense, defense, and special teams, then I'd be more pessimistic, but we've seen big plays on special teams, the defense has improved, and the offense has been inconsistent with some good and a lot of bad. It's possible things fall into place and we get a lot better ala 2009, or that things fall apart ala 2007. We don't know yet.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Because none of us can accurately predict the future. I doubt anyone thought we'd beat Oklahoma or go to the B12 title game after the ugly loss to ISU in 2009. If we were bad on offense, defense, and special teams, then I'd be more pessimistic, but we've seen big plays on special teams, the defense has improved, and the offense has been inconsistent with some good and a lot of bad. It's possible things fall into place and we get a lot better ala 2009, or that things fall apart ala 2007. We don't know yet.

I was thinking that to start the season ,but like Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say "It just goes to show you, it's always something".

Just now, unlfan said:

Well, obviously nobody has a crystal ball. But, there is a multi billion dollar industry built around using the best evidence we have today and attempting to predict the future.

As of today, I would be hard pressed to say we have better than a 25% chance in any of those games.

Fine. But there's no reason to make a knee jerk reaction now based on predictions when we can wait a few weeks and see the results for ourselves.

It's the Big Ten so you have to factor in that we'll play on solid ice and half the team will be injured in a couple games, .......plus the play calling/ crazy passes,.........plus maybe we'll go back into the prevent..................I tried to be super optimistic and find a way to squeeze out 5 or 6 more wins.......just can't see it.

5 minutes ago, unlfan said:

You are in the wrong thread for that. Did you read the title?

Yes, do you not remember my post you quoted to start this discussion? Here's the post you quoted:

54 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I don't know, but it matches how I feel: that literally any outcome is possible and I have no idea what to expect.

The rest of my replies were in response to your posts.

We go 2-6. Our QB is a disaster when you throws the ball. All his throws are 50-50 either get picked or may be our players make a play. Watching Penn State and Iowa play, I am convinced that we are going to lose ugly to Wisconsin, Ohio state, penn state, and Iowa. We might beat Illinois and Northwestern but I am not convinced about that either. Minnesota is good, they beat us by a touchdown or 10 points. The writing is on the wall...Riley is DONE.