Which Cornhusker fan are you?

beorach

Which Cornhusker fan are you?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm kind of a combination of 2 and 4 with maybe a hint of 3 so I picked 5.  ;)

I'm disappointed by recent results but will never give up on / root against the Corn. The division among Husker Nation is part of the problem.

I understand we've got a long way back to being a championship-caliber program and I don't care how they do it (within the rules, of course).
We should be contending for titles now but for the coaching / system and it's so obvious I don't understand why there's any division.

• Plus1 2

Yeah, I'm feeling like all of the above with a couple things crossed out.

I'm a diehard who will not be satisfied until we go back to doing things the way they used to at good old Nebraska U. I'm disappointed by recent results but will never give up on / root against the Corn. The division among Husker Nation is part of the problem.  I understand we've got a long way back to being a championship-caliber program and I don't care how they do it (within the rules, of course).  We should be contending for titles now but for the coaching / system and it's so obvious I don't understand why there's any division.  Don't you dare try and pigeonhole me, consarn it!

• Plus1 1

The poll could have been worded much better.  I said I am a die hard fan # 1 but by going back to the way they use to be - I consider that WINNING AND WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS.  I don't mean it to be that we go back to the triple option and run everything Tom use to run.  JUST WIN.  GBR:restore2

• Plus1 1

Going back to the way...   winning, yes (duh!),  power running most of the time, nah. I like passing schemes, but also admire amazing runs.  Watching Ozigbo break tackles was quite fun.

I'd be happy with a 50/50 pass/run scheme so I was delighted that MR was bringing in a west coast offense, and hoping he would include a bit of tradition NU running.   Yeah, I like eating cake and pie, topped by ice cream..   :lol:  

• Plus1 1

Just want to win.  Compete with Ohio St soon and beating them not much later on.  We won't beat them all the time, but once and a while would be just fine.  Bo was never close to restoring the order.  His best teams were with Callahan recruits.  He got blitzed, outcoached against all the big boys constantly.  That thought process needs to just go away.  Unfortunately, we  are further away now than with Bo, so Bo even looks better now.  Believe, once we find that right fit, whom ever that may be, Bo will be forgotten along with Riley and Callahan.

Basically to sum up what I wrote above:  When you see Nebraska on your schedule, that should be a red letter game for all Big Ten upper echelon teams.  Not to be a pushover, and an easy win on that schedule, and thats what we are most years to those teams.  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Just want to win.  Compete with Ohio St soon and beating them not much later on.  We won't beat them all the time, but once and a while would be just fine.  Bo was never close to restoring the order.  His best teams were with Callahan recruits.  He got blitzed, outcoached against all the big boys constantly.  That thought process needs to just go away.  Unfortunately, we  are further away now than with Bo, so Bo even looks better now.  Believe, once we find that right fit, whom ever that may be, Bo will be forgotten along with Riley and Callahan.

Basically to sum up what I wrote above:  When you see Nebraska on your schedule, that should be a red letter game for all Big Ten upper echelon teams.  Not to be a pushover, and an easy win on that schedule, and thats what we are most years to those teams.  

I think that's it.  We just want to be a tough game for people.  We want the team to play to a level greater than the sum of its parts (sort of goes along with that "in the deed the glory" as it takes every players commitment to doing his job well).  I would like for us to be more than what Wisconsin has been but I would be satisfied with that, too.