Where do we go from here?

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I guess I was just speaking of the team's record in general.  Let me amend it to say I don't think he'd get fired after going 7-5 as much as it sucks.

If NU gets blown out by Ohio State and Penn State and still manages to finish 7-5, I think Bounds and Green would push the new AD to fire Riley.  Remember how they used "competing" in the Eichorst firing press conference.  That wouldn't be competing.

I have been saying for awhile, ridiculed and berated , by folks who are on here still thinking Riley has a chance etc...whatevs...

But NU will only make a comeback when the new guy whoever he is, embraces championship football principles, including accountability, teamwork, leadership.  And most importantly, he must embrace the real identity of NU football.  That is PHYSICAL line play and running the football including some type of option out of multiple sets and EFFECTIVE passing.

You have to realize that we will NEVER competitively recruit for the PROTOTYPICAL PRO STYLE PLAYER.  We have to win, as we always did, by player development, and playing POWER football and great defense.

If you can't understand that, Deadhead out of town with this staff and go where they go because you are not a fan of real Husker football

HUSKER= PHYSICAL= CHAMPIONS!!

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I have been saying for awhile, ridiculed and berated , by folks who are on here still thinking Riley has a chance etc...whatevs...

But NU will only make a comeback when the new guy whoever he is, embraces championship football principles, including accountability, teamwork, leadership.  And most importantly, he must embrace the real identity of NU football.  That is PHYSICAL line play and running the football including some type of option out of multiple sets and EFFECTIVE passing.

You have to realize that we will NEVER competitively recruit for the PROTOTYPICAL PRO STYLE PLAYER.  We have to win, as we always did, by player development, and playing POWER football and great defense.

If you can't understand that, Deadhead out of town with this staff and go where they go because you are not a fan of real Husker football

HUSKER= PHYSICAL= CHAMPIONS!!

I would plus you like 100+, but am unsure how to do more than +1.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

They were around the athletic program before?  They coached?  

How is she less qualified than Rimington? Another question, have you seen all the people working in the athletic department? What do they do? Why wouldn't Jennings be as good a face for the program to fans and boosters than anyone?

At this point, the only way Mike Riley could salvage his tenure is if he cuts Cavanaugh and Langsdorf. Those guys are the new Hughes, Banker, Fo' Fiddy of our offense.

I'm sure there is a former All-American Nebraska player to replace Cav, but as far as Danny, we need someone who envisions an actual power run first offense like Wisconsin. As painful as it is to say.

I think our time of possession and p***ing away opportunities made our defense look way worse than what it should have.

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

How is she less qualified than Rimington? Another question, have you seen all the people working in the athletic department? What do they do? Why wouldn't Jennings be as good a face for the program to fans and boosters than anyone?

Rimington isn’t the permanent AD, and he’s ran a multi-million dollar fundraising organization.  No offense to Karen, but this is very important hire and she’s just not the answer.

Just now, Football Guy Bob said:

Rimington isn’t the permanent AD, and he’s ran a multi-million dollar fundraising organization.  No offense to Karen, but this is very important hire and she’s just not the answer.

What do you think the 10 assistants who are there now do? You don't think a successful real estate agent/Husker star athlete whom everyone trusts could be the face of the Huskers, work with donors, kiss babies, and generally please the fanbase? I don't agree with you at all. We need new blood. Asking advice from old grey men and dragging in some credentialed clown is the last thing we need. 

8 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I disagree.  An established coach is looking for support.  Knowing he could get canned before the rebuild is complete will keep him away.  We may end up with either a coordinator or an up and comer.  I want neither.  

Solich is still at Ohio.  Callahan is a NFL assistant.  Pelini is at a FCS school.  Riley will likely retire.  We're becoming a coaching graveyard.  

We shouldn’t have fired Solich. No one would excuse Callahan’s firing. Bo either should have been fired a year earlier or not at all. Riley should have never been hired. 

But since you brought it up, why is this such a unique problem at Nebraska? Michigan fires a few coaches and has no problem getting their guy. Ohio State fires coaches and gets their guy. 

If if we offer enough money and Riley keeps doing his thing we should have no problem getting a good coach here.