Does Tanner Lee Stay If Riley Is Fired?

One topic that I haven't seen discussed with all the speculation that Riley is on the way out is whether Tanner Lee would stay if Riley is fired? I believe he could leave as a graduate transfer. I would think with the way this season has gone he might look for a new spot to revive his career and increase his pro prospects? Third time a charm?

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

One topic that I haven't seen discussed with all the speculation that Riley is on the way out is whether Tanner Lee would stay if Riley is fired? I believe he could leave as a graduate transfer. I would think with the way this season has gone he might look for a new spot to revive his career and increase his pro prospects? Third time a charm?

I don't think so. I think the next HC will run a Power Spread offense and this doesn't suit Tanner Lee. He would be third string if that's the case and Gebbia or POB (I'd say Gebbia) would be the #1 QB. Size wise and speed, he's like a Jr. Marcus Mariota waiting to bloom.

17 minutes ago, FTW said:

I don't think so. I think the next HC will run a Power Spread offense and this doesn't suit Tanner Lee. He would be third string if that's the case and Gebbia or POB (I'd say Gebbia) would be the #1 QB. Size wise and speed, he's like a Jr. Marcus Mariota waiting to bloom.

There is not a single shred of evidence to support any of that. I know that this could describe the majority of what we do on this board, but still. 

And we still don't know for sure that Riley will even be fired. 

I assume that you're assuming Frost comes in for next season. 

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, FTW said:

Wait, Gebbia is like a junior Marcus Mariota? 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He didn't use the Grad Transfer to go from Tulane to NU.  He was a "normal" transfer and sat out the 2016 season, as a result.  He should be able to be a grad transfer for 2018.

I didn't know that.  Then that would be a viable option.

1 minute ago, 10_point_buck said:

For those of you still stating that you are unsure MR will be fired and/or not be here next season, I'll gladly cover any $$$ you want to wager on that.  If it goes bad enough the rest of this month, he may be the rare in-season termination.

You have to give odds to get any action.

• Plus1 1