Does Tanner Lee Stay If Riley Is Fired?

15 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

He'll stay. Where else is he going to go? 

I'm sure there will be plenty of places for him to go that run a pro-style who are looking for a 1 year rental. I'm sure if the season continues on this trajectory and as Riley's seat continues to warm (if it isn't already on fire), his dad will begin reaching out again - as his dad was instrumental in finding DONU and researching the NCAA rules to get him here. 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Wow; what a bunch of know it all's!  I'm gonna say that 99.5% of the outlooks offered on this thread won't be true come next yr!

Welcome to message boards, where 90% of posts are pure opinion and speculation, and the other 10% are cheese fries. 

• Plus1 5
Just now, bugeater17 said:

I'm sure there will be plenty of places for him to go that run a pro-style who are looking for a 1 year rental. I'm sure if the season continues on this trajectory and as Riley's seat continues to warm (if it isn't already on fire), his dad will begin reaching out again - as his dad was instrumental in finding DONU and researching the NCAA rules to get him here. 

Tanner's dad pushed to leave Tulane in the first place, and has very high hopes for his son to be a NFL QB.  It's kinda painful when the TV cameras show the Lee family in the stands after a WR has a drop.  I understand that Lee is taking too much blame for the offense's struggles, but he hasn't been very good this year.

New Coach and Staff= Lee testing the pro waters.  i don't see him learning a new system and staying.  Deer in the head light look just doesn't bode well for him and his draft stock in my opinion.

Why would he want to come back here after some of the abuse he has taken?  Both on and off the field so far.

1 hour ago, 10_point_buck said:

For those of you still stating that you are unsure MR will be fired and/or not be here next season, I'll gladly cover any $$$ you want to wager on that.  If it goes bad enough the rest of this month, he may be the rare in-season termination.

This month? I'd suggest that if we get boatraced at home against tOSU, that you may see something happen sooner. It's one thing to get skunked on the road--it's another to get prisonsexed on your own home turf.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

New Coach and Staff= Lee testing the pro waters.  i don't see him learning a new system and staying.  Deer in the head light look just doesn't bode well for him and his draft stock in my opinion.

Why would he want to come back here after some of the abuse he has taken?  Both on and off the field so far.

I thought that as well but why not try to elevate his draft stock somewhere else. Also, this years qb class looks to be pretty stout with Donald, Rosen, Allen, Lamar Jackson (possibly), Rudolph, Faulk (Wash St) all going before him.