Ticket prices falling?

Saunders

Just now, teachercd said:

If I wanted to see an ass-kicking I would go and...ohhhhh never mind!

I was curious what club seats are like.  It's indoors right?  Do they have a bar nearby?  Are the drinks free? Wait staff?  What kind of food?  I really don't know.  If you're warm and dry indoors it would be easy to have a good time without being distracted by the game.  Friends and I would go to a minor league baseball game on cheap beer night.  We barely noticed when the game was over and had no clue who was winning.

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

I was curious what club seats are like.  It's indoors right?  Do they have a bar nearby?  Are the drinks free? Wait staff?  What kind of food?  I really don't know.  If you're warm and dry indoors it would be easy to have a good time without being distracted by the game.  Friends and I would go to a minor league baseball game on cheap beer night.  We barely noticed when the game was over and had no clue who was winning.

I don't think it is "indoors" I think they are actual seats, not a bench, no bar that I know of and no free drinks.  I think they have a wait staff...

I really don't know much about them.  I had tickets once but game them away.  

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't think it is "indoors" I think they are actual seats, not a bench, no bar that I know of and no free drinks.  I think they have a wait staff...

I really don't know much about them.  I had tickets once but game them away.  

Some of the club seats are > $300  and are high up which made me think they are indoors.  If they are outdoors and I can't eat a steak while washing it down with a cabernet then I'd rather be closer to the field among the masses eating runzas.

8 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Some of the club seats are > $300  and are high up which made me think they are indoors.  If they are outdoors and I can't eat a steak while washing it down with a cabernet then I'd rather be closer to the field among the masses eating runzas.

About half of the Club level are inside. I accidentally got those tickets for the Spring Game, and it's a terrible way to watch football. You may as well watch it on TV.  You feel very detached from the game. There's a large open space in West Stadium behind the Club Level seats where all the trophy wives go to be seen and "warm up" during November games, but it's not worth what you're paying to get in there. There's about the same food options in those concessions that you have downstairs, no steak (maybe slightly better nachos) and certainly no booze from concessions. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/11/2017 at 2:39 PM, knapplc said:

Just sold mine. Relieved.

Seriously thinking about giving up my seats next year and putting the money toward Volleyball season tickets.  Volleyball is better to watch in person and football is better to watch on TV.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:47 PM, Dewiz said:

If they retain Riley after this season, I won't renew my tickets for next year. 

May have to look into getting Volleyball season tickets too

Volleyball season tickets are a lot tougher get right now.  They are a lot of fun to go especially last few years. 

On 10/11/2017 at 2:39 PM, knapplc said:

Just sold mine. Relieved.

Seriously thinking about giving up my seats next year and putting the money toward Volleyball season tickets.  Volleyball is better to watch in person and football is better to watch on TV.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:47 PM, Dewiz said:

If they retain Riley after this season, I won't renew my tickets for next year. 

May have to look into getting Volleyball season tickets too

Volleyball season tickets are a lot tougher get right now.  They are a lot of fun to go especially last few years. 

Violleyball tickets were hard to get a long time ago and were excellent entertainment when Pettit was coach.  Still are although I am confident that the Colliseum was a better venue than the big arena setting.

Football ticket prices are the biggest myth of sports.   There are fools everywhere but Husker tickets have NEVER been nearly as valuable as many people believe.  During the '95 season, when you just don't get any better than that, street prices for the KU (ranked in top 20 at that time btw) game on an absolutely beautiful 70 degree sunny day with little wind were under $10.

There are ridiculous ads in the papers, and on line, by why would anyone pay high prices.  Just drive into Lincoln and buy tickets in the bar, the street corner, etc.  You've almost always been able to do that.  Wait til before kick off you may find someone who'll give them to you or swap them for a couple beers.  Most of the money of season ticket holders is outright donation to the University and not for the value of the tickets.   About half the season tickets over decades were purchased by local businessmen and women ( a few no doubt) to give away to thank their best customers, etc.  Even in the best of times, this was the case.   

Ticket prices for NFL and college sports around the country are slipping.  The over abundance of televised sports and the crappy economy of the past 10 years contribute mightily.  A decline in the standard of living of most Americans means people have less and will make do with less.  Nothing surprising.  The product on the field, although relevant somewhat, has had much less to do with NU ticket prices than one would first think is my point.  They have NEVER been great in reality.