#fakenews

jessica0

Just a venting thread. Anyone else find it amazing that there are always several people who pretend to be breaking news and they always end up being wrong? So this past Saturday night at around 11pm some poster on RSS posted that Del Conte is N. So people start posting all over the place about that rumor and Del Conte ends up tweet out that he isn't a candidate. Then you have people who say a hire is already made and they are just waiting on timing and then the interim AD goes onto the radio and it is clear as day that a hire has not been made yet. Then you have people who are pretending to speak for Frost about whether he will be coming back to Nebraska or not. Mike Severe on the radio said yesterday he knows for a fact that Coach Frost wants the Nebraska job. Then you go to the message boards and you have people who claim Coach Frost telling people he isn't interested. 

When Riley was getting hired we had people saying the former Ohio State coach was getting hired and it was a done deal. 

Maybe the real truth is that the Ole Miss and TCU AD's are not actual prospects for the Nebraska AD job? Now the latest "rumor" lead to freakouts is Jeff Long bringing Bret Bielema. 

• Plus1 1

With the Riley hire thee was nothing out there because it was a one man show and people were just guessing.  I am more surprised there isn't more out there since more people are involved.  I think nobody really know at this point.  I have hear several different things.  There is a big difference between hired and talked to.  I think we are hearing talked to.

5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

With the Riley hire thee was nothing out there because it was a one man show and people were just guessing.  I am more surprised there isn't more out there since more people are involved.  I think nobody really know at this point.  I have hear several different things.  There is a big difference between hired and talked to.  I think we are hearing talked to.

Yep. it wouldn't be surprising if it is all "talked to" and not real prospects. Sure you reach out to the AD's at TCU and Alabama and the like, they are top level. But you always want a good fit and the big names are not always the proper fit. IMO, the best choice Nebraska can make is not a big name at all, it is a young buck in the profession that is hungry for success - like Danny White at UCF that has made great basketball and football hires. 

47 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Yep. it wouldn't be surprising if it is all "talked to" and not real prospects. Sure you reach out to the AD's at TCU and Alabama and the like, they are top level. But you always want a good fit and the big names are not always the proper fit. IMO, the best choice Nebraska can make is not a big name at all, it is a young buck in the profession that is hungry for success - like Danny White at UCF that has made great basketball and football hires. 

If we get Dr. White, I will have to do a happy dance!

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

Just a venting thread. Anyone else find it amazing that there are always several people who pretend to be breaking news and they always end up being wrong? So this past Saturday night at around 11pm some poster on RSS posted that Del Conte is N. So people start posting all over the place about that rumor and Del Conte ends up tweet out that he isn't a candidate. Then you have people who say a hire is already made and they are just waiting on timing and then the interim AD goes onto the radio and it is clear as day that a hire has not been made yet. Then you have people who are pretending to speak for Frost about whether he will be coming back to Nebraska or not. Mike Severe on the radio said yesterday he knows for a fact that Coach Frost wants the Nebraska job. Then you go to the message boards and you have people who claim Coach Frost telling people he isn't interested. 

When Riley was getting hired we had people saying the former Ohio State coach was getting hired and it was a done deal. 

Maybe the real truth is that the Ole Miss and TCU AD's are not actual prospects for the Nebraska AD job? Now the latest "rumor" lead to freakouts is Jeff Long bringing Bret Bielema. 

I don't think Arkansas' AD would want to bring Bielema with him considering how things are working out in Fayetteville at the moment.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

I'm with you on this, except that the fakers for some of this stuff were local sports radio guys throwing names around....like Long, and by association Biff.

3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

So this past Saturday night at around 11pm some poster on RSS posted that Del Conte is N. So people start posting all over the place about that rumor and Del Conte ends up tweet out that he isn't a candidate. 

Wasn't the origin for this rumor a sportswriter from USA Today? Or was that the fake news that the RSS posted?